1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What are your stories?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Cap Backfire, Jan 10, 2004.

1. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

LOL!
    Aw, thanks slug. ;)
  2. Pork

Pork Active Member

You are Definatley no Obnoxious

and you are not a terrible writer

That's really cool that your good a public speaking...I Would just freak out. I am shy when it comes to that.
  3. BeakerSqueedom

Thank you Anna. *Snug*

Moi will edit that story soon. :)
  4. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

• I'm 18 years old
    • I'm a first-year Spanish major/art minor in college
    • I'm addicted to sushi
    • I've been studying Spanish since 7th grade and enjoy practicing it whenever the opportunity presents itself...I hope to become a Spanish translator someday
    • I love The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    • My favorite band is Hanson (I met them in October 2005)
    • My favorite solo artist is "Weird Al" Yankovic (I blew off my senior prom to see him in concert with 3 of my friends and then stood outside his tour bus for 2 hours and finally got to meet him...he gives good hugs ;))
  5. King of Eight

King of Eight New Member

I'll play.
    -My name's Karen.
    -I'm 25 years old.
    -I have a daughter, who is three-and-a-half named Kimberley.
    -I've been married for five years now.
    -I love the Muppets (obviously), scrapbooking pics of my little girl and pets, writing children's stories (thinking of making the leap and trying to get published soon) and studying World War II history.
    -I love classic movies, 80's movies, pretty much anything pre-2000.
    -I'm a major Star Wars geek and proud of it.
    -My husband considers me childish for loving Jim Henson's work as much as I do, but hey, I'd rather feel young and happy than old and grumpy!
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

And I see you're from Canada, so that automatically makes you "cool" in my book since I'm such a Canadian-wannabe. I'd say "don't ask", though, because I'm sure other people are going to explain that to you anyway.

Welcome aboard, and I hope you had a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving!
  7. King of Eight

King of Eight New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. And I'm actually a wannabe Canuck myself. Well, I'm a permanent resident anyway. I'm originally from Pennsylvania and moved here to be with my then boyfriend (now husband) nearly seven years ago. I wouldn't trade living in Canada for anything in the world though. Oh, and thanks, I did have a wonderful Thanksgiving and am lucky enough to get to celebrate American Thanksgiving in the states with my family next month too. Lots of perks with having family residing in both countries :D
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That's cool! I need to introduce you to Faylo and MrsPepper, they're Canadian members too, and they're VERY friendly, as Canadians always are!
  9. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

King of Eight, where in PA? I'm from Philly ;)
  10. King of Eight

King of Eight New Member

Hi MeWantCookie, I'm from Pittsburgh :)
  11. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

I've made detours in Pittsburgh en route to and from Michigan, but haven't spent too much time there...to be honest, I spent the first 10 years of my life in Northern California and I've only been living in the Philly area for about 8 years!
  12. BeakerSqueedom

Wow, you sound so interesting Cookie! :D
    First tme I heard someone loving the language of Spanish.

:p
  13. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

awww thanks Beakie, or should i say, gracias! I have no Spanish ancestry whatsoever but I've been studying Spanish since 7th grade and it has always been my favorite class. I decided to major in it in college because I originally wanted to major in art but had a hard time getting a portfolio together since I had no time to take art classes in high school. In addition to my spanish major I'm also minoring in art and figure it will work out for the best since I won't have to put in as many studio hours for the minor as I would have to for the major.

and yeah, concerts and plays are a huge part of my life. i did theater all throughout high school and loved it but am currently taking a break from it this year...it's just so time consuming and the commitment is bigger than one would think. i used to spend at least 4 nights a week rehearsing (plus afternoons after school and set design/additional rehearsals on saturdays) and sometimes wouldn't come home until 10 pm on those nights.

i'm a big concert junkie and when I can't afford tickets to shows I'd really like to attend, I am always on the lookout for opportunities to win free tickets or ways to get into concerts for free...like I sold merchandise for a band for whom I'm a member of the street team called The Alternate Routes (www.thealternateroutes.com) at one of their concerts over the summer at a very nice little venue that's a few miles away from where i go to college. It was great, especially since they were opening for Jonny Lang, another of my favorite musicians, that night. Also, my friend hosts a radio show on Y-Rock on WXPN (www.yrockonxpn.org), an online radio station based in downtown Philadelphia. He was giving away 2 free tickets to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (www.blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com), another of my favorite bands, and I really wanted to go since I was turned onto them about a year ago and liked them so much I had to see them live. My friend the radio show host and I were talking on AIM one night, and I said, "You know, I really would like to see BRMC but can't afford a ticket and I don't know how I'm going to get there." He replied, "Well, I'm giving away 2 free tickets on my show tomorrow so listen in and enter the contest!" I did what he told me to do, and surely enough I won! It was a great concert and I ended up giving my dad the other ticket and he was complaining about how loud it was, but it was 5 days before my high school graduation and a great way to end my senior year (especially since I had seen "Weird Al" the night before that concert and had met him!).

well those are just a few of my stories! looking forward to sharing more at your request!
  14. BeakerSqueedom

WOW!

*Reading*

I am speechless! In a good way! Wow, that's quite a story there, Cookie. :D
  15. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

thanks Beakie :) i'm off to my evening art class so the stories will have to wait until another time!
  16. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

*eyes get HUGE* NO WAY! GAHHHH! I am forever jealous of you! (I'm a total Al-oholic)
  17. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

**high-fives King of Eight for being a Canadian convert** You rock!

MeWantCookie we're already chatted about how much you love Weird Al but I can't remember if I high-fived you or not, so you get one too. **high-fives**
  18. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

yay more Al fans! he's such a nice guy...very sweet! i got his autograph, then gave him a copy of my demo CD (of my original music)...in return, he gave me a slice of apple! it tasted good too :) i showed him an essay i wrote about him my freshman year of high school but the security guards were staring me down so i could really only point out the pictures I used in the essay but not the text...then the best and last part: the hug :)
  19. BeakerSqueedom

*Jaw drops*

I would have preserved that apple...:O Weird Al is da shizzle.
  20. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

he most definitely is! but the apple would have probably gotten brown and yucky with time...lol i also met Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz (Al's drummer) and Steve Jay (Al's bassist); both very nice guys...according to Bermuda, Al maintains his own myspace...so i wonder if he would remember me if I met him again. Then again he does meet a lot of people so the chance would be slim, but he remembers a lot of my Al buddies who follow him to pretty much every East Coast show on his tour...it would be nice for Al to remember me though...one day when I have enough money and my own car I'll go to more shows (not just Al)