1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What are your stories?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Cap Backfire, Jan 10, 2004.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I think he is a very nice looking bear, Yva! :)
  2. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

Oh thank you. That means a lot to me. My husband and I have him on a dresser in our bedroom. Kalle is very soft and cuddly and I am quite fond of him. I don't make too many plush bears, I've started making them from Mohair about fíve years ago. The mohair made here in Germany is some fo the finest in the world and it is also easier to work with than plush. One day, I will have to organize a place online where people can go and look at my bears. I have made probably close to 150 since I started sewing them in 1999. :)
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

What brought me here: Love of the work that Jim Henson & his associates have done, of course. From the educational enlightenment of Sesame Street, to the wacky wonder of The Muppet Show (and its cute and cuddly cartoon counterpart in Muppet Babies), to the musical memories of Fraggle Rock, and even to non-Muppet fantasty films like Labryinth and The Dark Crystal...I love it all!

Of course, as per my username, I am a fan of the WWF (now the WWE)--especially "The Deadman" The Undertaker, "The Big Red Machine" Kane, "The People's Champ" The Rock, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, "Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy" Mick Foley, & so many others within The Attitude Era (except maybe the high-and-mighty PTA/FCC/ESRB spoof group called appropriately The Right to Censor [RTC]), although today's talent cannot be counted out, as I like such people as Mr. Kennedy [Misterrrrrrrrrrr Kennedy...Ken-ne-dy], Montel Vontavious Porter [M.V.P], and Shad Gaspard & JTG (also known collectively as Cryme Tyme). As well, I will forever be a fan of that silly ol' bear, Winnie the Pooh.

Plus, as you can see, I love collecting references to those things I love and have amassed a lot, even though I most certainly don't--unlike "The One" Billy Gunn--got it all.

And I am sure there's more to follow as time rolls on!
  4. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

BTW, since I changed avatars, I thought I'd give a shout out about this. I will be trying to get some links done for my bears to share, but it may take me a while. My life's been rather insane as of late.

So, if you're wondering what bear ilikemuppets was referring to, it was my first avatar here, of one of my teddy bears and not the current one I'm using of Cantus. :)
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Sounds interesting, Yva.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! I've very interested in seeing them as well!
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Who wouldn't be?
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I don't know? Sombody who is not interested or does not know? :confused:
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Point taken.
  10. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

My Story... Hmm

To make things short I am a High School Student Who grew up with SS from the 90s; and go to an effort to find clips from then

I remember in 4th grade I had a great teacher; and she all made us watch Labyrinth and The Storyteller; and thats where I got into Jim Henson. Until About 6 months Ago I had no idea about the wealth of stuff on the internet; just tried to watch SS when I could. But When I Found the Muppet Wiki I was hooked. From there I got into a pact between me and a friend to see who could stay up the longest watching SS and I won. I found MC through the wiki and have stayed here since. I have a deep love for the Female SS muppets; They are always so adorable and funny.
    I Also Love Cartoons; Languages ( I speak Fluent French and Middle English) the urban environment. Dunno why, but they all always seem so Inspiring to me.

Other than being an SS devotee, my other main hobby is music; I love Heavy Metal and Adore Aussie Rock. This is good-seeing as I can Play 6 Instruments and I am a songwriter. I will admit I am a self confessed Geek, Being a Dr Who Diehard; a Trekkie; Music/art Nerd and Follower of the Kiss Army. One thing I do is With every song I write; it has a Small reference to SS (but some have been bleeding obvious). Other than that; Thats Me :insatiable:
  11. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Aww! Those are so cute, Yva! Thank you for shearing them with us! :)
  13. The Shoe Fairy

Wow, Go Yva Minstrel; Those bears are amazing. You must have a real knack for sewing.
  14. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

ZOMG! *GLOMPS* GEEKS UNITE! XP Total Trekkie and Follower of the Kiss Army here! (also an art nerd/metalhead :D)

Welcome, btw. I've seen you around lately but haven't been around much myself so welcome!

Yva your teddy bears are A-DOR-A-BLE!
  15. The Shoe Fairy

Geek Pride! (Does Vulcan Salute) Why thankyou for the welcome. Good to know there are people like me out there.
  16. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

My pleasure. I'm so glad you like them. The one with the paws turned upward is Sebastian and the one with the blue collar is named Sparkle. The mohair that I made him out of came from South Africa. It's very pretty stuff.

I have loved sewing them since the first part of the decade. I also love to make clothing. I am presently working on a jacket similar to one that Johnny Depp wore in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'. I didn't like the movie that much, but wow, I loved the jacket. :D

Thank you so much. I'm really glad you like them.
  17. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I grew up with 90's SS. I'm a highschool student. I love cartoons. I love (quite a bit of) heavy metal and also adore Aussie rock. I like writing songs. I am a self-confessed geek. I'm a MASSIVE art/music nerd. I am a Kiss fanatic.
    And I am AUSSIE!

*Twilight Zone music*

Dude. That ish awesome, you rock!

By the way, Yva. I LOVE the pics. And I also love Johnny Depp's jacket. Tails, right? I have some black tails, they're real oldies. :D
  18. The Shoe Fairy

AWESOME! *digital High-five*:insatiable:
  19. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Yaaaaaay! *Dances in a Fraggley manner*
  20. pubba

pubba New Member

I found this forum when looking for information on a Kermit puppet that I bought on eBay. Then I came back when I had some spare time and Im hooked!
    Age : 36 so I guess im lucky to have grown up with the muppets and seeing the movies and stuff when they hit the big screen. Good times!
    I use puppets when I teach and have also used them with great success when working with Autistic children. Puppets are timeless and its wonderful to see younger people on here sharing the same passion as me :)
    My dream : To go to Muppetfest in the USA!