1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What are your stories?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Cap Backfire, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Welcome to the forums, Pubba! :excited: Hope you have a splendid time here, I'm sure you will! :)
  2. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

i've just been reading this thread & i've gotta say, i think it's way cool that the muppets are so timeless that people from their teens to their 40s who have such diverse non-muppet interests all have fun here.

about moi...i'm a graduate student in history, studying european empires in the seventeenth century. they've beaten academic writing into me so thoroughly that i've noticed even my posts are long-winded, exhibit overanalysis of small details, and often have passable grammar. sigh. i'd be wound *way* too tightly if it weren't for the muppets! (but my advisor is cool--he's from spain and is a lot like :rolleyes: okay.)

i've always appreciated SS's music & humor, but i only became *OBSESSED* with it in february, due in part to academic burnout (i've been in school since 1989! get me out!), plus a bad cold that had me in bed for a few days. 'cause i always watched ss when i was sick in bed. but now i don't have a tv, so that's when i discovered classic clips on youtube and then discovered the mc forum, and now i'm a total junkie. :attitude: *sam glares at me for procrastinating on mc instead of grading my students' essays* but sam, i have fun here! :attitude: ok ok...i'll get back to work...
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! That means you have been in school as long as The Simpsons have been on the air...:wisdom: :search: :p
  4. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

wow. guess so...and school jumped the shark in the late 90s, too... as marge said: "don't make fun of graduate students, bart, they just made a bad life choice"

now that i think about it...i watched sesame street, then i went to school for 19 years (so far), and now i'm back to sesame street which teaches all the most important things anyway :wisdom:
  5. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Hey StreetScenes!
    Welcome to the forum!

Wow... 19 years in school? I'm only nearly up to 10 years! :wisdom: I say congrats!

Hope you enjoy the forum! :)
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! that is a long time to be in school! I was only there for at least seventeen and still have some years to go to finish... :wisdom:
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That could not be more true!
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That's exactly what I like and the book Street Gang! It's that evrything always wrote itself out in the end despite Everything. And at the and of the book, despite all Jim's worries, that is precisely what happened.
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well actually it just sort of fell into place by chance. Jim never really lived long enough to see it happen or to react or respond to it. You have to read the book to see... But I know what you mean.
  10. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It just goes to show when something is truly good, it stays, the world needs it:excited:. Because if there was nothing to stand for the bright side of things the world would lose sight of what the good side of human nature can really be:sympathy:.
  11. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Just because everyone doesn't see doesn't mean you stop though:)
  12. animal0606

animal0606 New Member

My Story...mmm..gather around children this is my west side story

I feel pretty
    Oh so pretty
    I feel pretty and witty and bright,
    And I pitty any dude who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming
    Oh so charming
    It's alarming how charming I feel
    And so pretty that I hardly can believe I'm real.

See the pretty face in that mirror there
    Who can that attractive dude be?
    Such a pretty face
    Such a pretty jean jacket
    Such a pretty smile
    Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning
    And entrancing
    Feel like running and dancing for joy
    For I'm loved by a pretty wonderful WOMAN!

Have you met my good friend Maria
    The craziest girl on the block?
    You'll know her the minute you see her
    She's the one who is in an advanced state of shock

She thinks she's in love
    She thinks she's in Spain
    She isn't in love
    She's merely insane

It must be the heat
    Or some rare disease
    Or too much to eat
    Or maybe it's fleas

Keep away from her
    Send for Chino
    This is not the Maria we know

Honest and pure
    Polite and refined
    Well-bred and mature
    and out of her mind!

I feel pretty
    Oh so pretty
    That the city should give me its key
    A committee should be organized to honor me (la la la la la la la la la la)

I feel dizzy
    I feel sunny
    I feel fizzy and funny and fine
    And so pretty, Miss America can just resign. (la la la la la la la la la la la la)

See the pretty dude in that mirror there (What mirror where?)
    Who can that attractive dude be? (Which? What? Where? Whom?)
    Such a pretty face
    Such a pretty jean jacket
    Such a pretty smile
    Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning (I feel stunning)
    And entrancing (and entrancing)
    Feel like running and dancing for joy (feel like running and dancing for joy)
    For I'm loved by a pretty wonderful WOMAN!

Would you believe I am hooked on phonics :halo:
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Hooked on Phonics works for me! :D
  14. animal0606

animal0606 New Member

Name : ANIMAL!
    Nickname : A-NI-MAL
    Age Group : *Bangs head on drums 25 times*
    what brought you here: ME CLICK BUTTON!
    Hobby : PLAYING DRUMS LOUDER! WO-MAN! CUDDLING BUNNY RABBITS
    favorite Muppet : HUH?
    training/background: DRUMS MORE DRUMS LOUDER.
    favorite things : FOOD,WO-MAN,DRUMS LOUD,RENOIR,CHASING CARS
    most delicious meal :GLASS!
    Idols :BUDDY RICH! KRUPA!
    what other Muppet you get mistaken for? : COOKIE MONSTER!:insatiable:
    favorite song : WILD THING!

:halo:
  15. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

I've been looking at the website and the forum for quite a while, but didn't visit as often as I do now. I decided to join last year to finally get a chance to join in and talk to other Muppet fans.
    Hobbies: Reading, singing and dancing
    Future career: As a veterinary technician, hence my user name.
    Favs: Animals, mostly dogs, Muppets, The Beatles
    I've been a Muppet fan since I was little and always will be and I hope to teach my children about the messages the Muppets and Jim Henson teach through the characters in the future.
  16. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Name : Nick
    Nickname : Noodles, Nicki Blue (only from my family)
    Age Group : An age. Is it rully any of your business? (just kidding)
    What Brought You Here: I was looking for Muppet replicas, and found a link to this website.
    Hobby : I don't rully have one. Does watching TV count?
    Favorite Muppet : Kermit, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Rowlf, Dr. Busen Honeydew, Beaker, Animal, Zoot, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Annie Sue, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Robin, Hilda, Mildred Huxtetter, Big Bird, Elmo, Rosita, Zoe, Telly, Baby Bear, Curly Bear, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Count von Vount, Cookie Monster, Prairie Dawn, The Amazing Mumford, Marvin Suggs, Red, Boober, Mokey, Gobo, and Wembley. Just to name a few.
    Favorite Things : Food, Family, Friends, Computer, Art, the Muppets
    Most Delicious Meal :pasta with my mom's homemade sauce, meatballs, and italian sausage.
    Favorite Song : I have a lot, and it would take too long to name them all.
  17. Tiggy

Tiggy New Member

Name : Emma
    Nickname : Emmie, Ems, M&Ms
    Age Group : 20
    What Brought You Here: I love the Muppets
    Hobby : Film-making, writing
    Favorite Muppet : Kermit, Floyd Pepper, Swedish Chef, Grover, Janice, Scooter, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Ernie, Beaker, Rowlf
    Favorite Things : Too many to mention
    Favorite Song : Blackbird- The Beatles, Jean Genie- David Bowie, Days- THe Kinks.
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  18. APRena

APRena New Member

Age group-- 14 (Yes, born long after both Richard and Jim had died, but I still love and respect their work. Long live the Muppets!)

Brought to you by-- Google.

Other-- Lifelong Muppet fan, didn't see The Muppet Show in its original run, but I'm hunting down the DVDs and so far it's awesome!
  19. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

It looks like there are quite a few youngsters on here that like this despite it being long before our time.
  20. Scooterthegofer

Scooterthegofer New Member

Let me guess, you're one of them?

I am too.;)