What are your stories?

RubberDucky

Reaction score
Zelda Rose said:
And did you say "King Of The Hill?" I just L-O-V-E Hank and the whole crew. I know that everyone who watches it says "OH! I see my friend "XXX" in "this character".
Hehehe...the best part about doing the character design for them WAS getting to put all your friends in! I wish I got better tv reception in here because I heard from my friend that my characters were on the other night (some episode involving a beauty salon). All the extras who got their hair done in the show were actually people at Film Roman..and allegedly I'm supposed to be a background character in some upcoming epsiode.
It is thanks to her that we got involved with rescuing Dachshunds. It's hard, but VERY rewarding.QUOTE]
I'm so sorry about your doggie! To a lot of people pets are just pets, but it really can be like losing a family member sometimes. That's great that you got into rescue though! I know a few people into that, one for Australian Cattle Dogs and one for Parrots. The pet I lost recently was an aquatic clawed frog named Jr. When I first came to school here I was really lonely because neither of my roommates spoke english (or seemed to like me). So I was at a mall one day and saw this stand selling little fish, crabs, or aquatic frogs. I felt pretty bad for the animals because they were all living in these tiny plastic cubes and when you bought one you got a "lifetime supply" of food....which was a 1 in. by 1 in. ziploc of freeze dried worms (I guess they didn't expect the pets to live too long). So I bought a frog and he really did the trick for cheering me up....I had something to care about, something to watch besides an empty IM buddy list. He lived for 2 yrs, which I imagine is fair for a creature like him...wow! I sure can go on about one little frog! I've got a million miserable pet stories if you ever need to get stuff like that out.
Well thanks for being so warm and welcoming :smile: Hopefully I'll be talking to you and others soon!

Davina

Reaction score
my story... where to begin.. well, I'm 30, married, 4 step kids. Have always loved all things muppet. grew up watching SS, which my mom later said probablly explained a lot. I always loved the muppets, and if I was home sick or something, would be as apt to watch SS as anything else, and if FR or TMS were on anything.. you know I was there, could id muppet movies in less then 5 seconds of screen time (no sound) and was occassionally found singing old songs i'd learned on TMS or SS. Then about a year or two after Jim's death, I really kinda got bitten by the Muppet bug and went all out, re-bought a lot of books (Monster at the End of this Book has always been my favorite..) bought any toys I could get hold of, movies, music, would scrounge thrift stores and internet stores, and would tape anything that came on tv that i couldnt' find elsewhere. got to the point where casual acquantences would give me muppet things if they found them. (Fourtunately for me today, my husband has no objections to any of this, and, in fact encourages it all, buys me the action figures, and is going to build me a proper "theater" display case for them.. makes it easier to play with them too.. hehehe) We're also the sad sort of people who have named all the computers in our LAN after muppet characters, have named our little 4 pound half-furless (rescued) pomeranian Pepe, and who are making plans for one day hanging a big crystal in our living room. we're sad, sad people, but we're quite happy about it. :smile:
Back when I was in school, I studied to become a public children's librarian, but then wound up mostly doing office work. Grew up sorta all over, but mostly in Nebraska, then spent some time in Colorado then Utah, and then got married last year and moved to Alaska. My husband's an electrician, and this last year i've had the good fortune to be able to spend at home adjusting to married life, life in Alaska, and getting use to being step-mom.
2003 was a crazy year, as i said, got married, moved 3000 miles to Alaska, both my grandfathers passed away, and my father passed away, as well.
But it's actually been a good year over all, and we just finished over hauling the 3 main computers in our little LAN, we still have one more to finish, but that's mostly a matter of pulling old info off and getting the software cleaned up enough the younger girls can use it this summer when they come back to stay with us for a while. But, after a few painful weeks, we've actually ogt our little LAN up and running properly and can be online again normally.. yay!!!
Other interests.. I'm rather "old fashioned" i suppose.. i love cooking, am a fairly decent quilter and all purpose seamstress, enjoy gardening when I can (not easy with apartments..) sci-fi, Terry Pratchett, star Trek, Star Wars, etc. and my husband is trying to convince me to get my HAM Radio license.
I could go on, but i feel I've tourtured you enough for now.. :smile:

oh yeah.. and I _really_ need to get my web site updated.. *lol* :zany:

Tera

Reaction score
Terry Pratchett! I LOVE him! I reread the Hogfather every Christmas, and I think Good Omens (done with another literary god, Neil Gaiman) would be the best movie ever. If I could have one selfish wish that didn't involve the Muppets, it would be to play Agnes Nutter. That probably says more about me than anyone should know...

As for me, I'm 33, in FL with a hubby and 2 kids. I teach Humanities and English to computer animation and fashion students (love my job!). I used to make a living working at Renaissance Festivals as a Washing Well Wench. (Anybody seen the show?). I'll be spending this evening at a fencing class with my 7 yr old. He's really aggressive, so I need to stop moving like I'm still doing stage combat or he'll keep beating me.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My Story

:zany: Hi there!Here is my Muppet story:

My age:34,just turned April 1.

It all started,when I was a bitty child,watching Sam&Friends(yup I go back that far,lol).I vaguelly remember the Henson puppet commercials.Been watching Sesame Street starting around 3 or 4(still watch it even today).Cried when Mr. Hopper died.So many good memories & so many great skits.Please see my other posts on my muppet memories.

Of course,I love TMS.As a kid,my dad would make fun of me watching it & say,'There she goes,watching those talking hands again.'But I stayed my ground and watched TMS,even in reruns.Love the songs,the skits,the guest stars.

My roomate & I still quote from DC & Labyrinth.

My biggest Muppet memory is seeing TMM(when I was 8).The opening shot of the swamp just pierced my heart :cry: & the scene at the end with all the muppets ensembled<sniff>.But I love the shot where the muppets are looking at the hole in the ceiling,the rainbow comes thru the ceiling & the music the accompanies it. :embarrassed: (and the shooting star in the desert).I went to see TMM 3 more times after that.

I watched GOFH(Faffner),Jim Henson Hour(loved Storyteller),Muppets Tonight.
I got to see(down at MGM studios,in Florida)Muppets 3D(took my roomate a few years later,he loved it) & Bear in the Big Blue House show(I loved the songs & watching the reactions of the children in the audience).

Well,that's my story,for the most part. Thanks for letting me share it with you.

Golden teeth & golden tones,welcome to my presence.-Dr.Teeth :big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
Welcome to MC. I'm still a bitty child myself so it all works out nicely lol. Actually, I'm hurtling rapidly toward the Other End of Life. Senior Member is literal, in my case. Enjoy your stay at MC. When you get to 1000 posts there are hot tubs and bellboys and popcorn and things in the hot tub thread. It's nice there.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Welcome to MC. I'm still a bitty child myself so it all works out nicely lol. Actually, I'm hurtling rapidly toward the Other End of Life. Senior Member is literal, in my case. Enjoy your stay at MC. When you get to 1000 posts there are hot tubs and bellboys and popcorn and things in the hot tub thread. It's nice there.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:
But you have to watch out for Crazy Harry and his surprise attacks. :crazy:

Beebers

Reaction score
:big_grin:

Into each life, some plumbing must fall . . .

:big_grin: :big_grin:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Beebers!

Thanks Beebers for the nice welcome!Its so terrific to finally find a site to tell my Muppet memories to & about.Plenty more are still to come. :excited:

" :big_grin: I hear this movie is dynamite. :crazy: "

Iluvgus

Reaction score
im 23 my name is katie I come to this site beacause I luv muppets :smile: espessilly kermit :smile: I used to have a chrush on kermit lol. my two luvs are my horse Gus and muppets.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
[x] Gender: Female

[x] Age Group: early twenties

[x] Location: USA

[x] Favourite Muppet(s): Splurge, Fireys, Gonzo, Clueless Morgan, Rizzo The Rat, Cantus, Ultragorgan, Big Bird, Digit, Clifford, Leon, Robin Frog, Waldo C. Graphic, Bean Bunny, Meep-Zorp, Wembley, etc.

[x] Favourite Muppeteer(s): Steve Whitmire, Jim Henson, Bill Baretta, Dave Goelz.

[x] What Brings Me To MC: My eternal love of the Muppets and childhood nostalgia.