What are your thoughts on Facebook?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, it really all depends on how one person has customized his or her profile; I've seen some people put so many fancy graphics and such on their profiles to the point that yes, they can be quite busy and a bit of an eyesore, but at the same time, I've seen some people who have simply changed the color scheme (like one friend of mine who simply made his profile green), so while it still looks simplistic, it doesn't look like a default profile layout either.

As for complaints about background music... that's mainly due to the fact that you're given the option to have a "feature song" (and video) on your profile, HOWEVER, there IS a setting you can use to where those songs WON'T automatically start playing whenever you visit a profile with a song on it. And if you're still using IE6, you don't even have to worry about it anyway, as a couple of years ago or so, MS fixed their media outlet to where you can't play their videos or songs on IE6.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ah yes, Facebook is great for just the plain status updates, and occasionally I'll do a quiz or meem as well. But that's t. The games don't really interest me, plus the added fact that I never know what will and won't work with my screenreader, and some of facebook becomes harder because of that.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
just want to start this off by saying this is my opinion, not trying to start an argument

but the point of both is to be a social network, to interact with friends/family/etc. and the fact is that at least in my case most of the people i know have facebook, but not myspace, so it's more fun to go there. I haven't even gone online to myspace in about 3 years, and i do like the fact that Facebook isn't as cluttered as myspace.

basically for me, the situation is, I used to use myspace, but everyone migrated over to facebook, which i prefer anyways, and since the point is to be social, i'm now a facebook supporter

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the way I feel. I do prefer Facebook when it comes to a choice between the two of them, but if I didn't know anyone there, it wouldn't be fun and therefore wouldn't have any point for me.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Facebook is fun. It's nice to be able to keep in touch with family so easily. It's a little scary when people from your past get in touch with you, but you're given lots of options to deal with such things.

The problem with FB and MS (and the internet in general), is that people forget everyone is watching, and say and do some pretty dumb things. I know at least two people who were turned down for jobs because their potential employers checked their Facebook pages after their initial interview, and one person that lost their job because of complaining about their employer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man Davo, I was so counting on you to be a MySpace guy. :frown:

Oh well.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
I really think myspace's time is pretty much over.... it has gone the way of livejournal. Eventually facebook will join it in the cemetary of dead websites, when something better comes along.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I really like facebook all of my family is on it and also my church friends and high school friends and seems a lot easier to use than my space . i have a my space account ,but never go there anymore all my of my overseas friends that belong to a jane seymour fan club like face book better as well and find it eaiser lol .

I like the farm games on it to LOL :smile: