What can damage a Muppet?

wes

Reaction score
Purple Grouch

In the beging before taping the first SS program Oscar Was Purple, he went through three different color in his life no wounder he's grouchy
:grouchy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Where'd you hear that Oscar was originally purple? I don't ever recall seeing that--and I'm OLD! That's intriguing, though. Wonder how cool that would have been, eh?

I do know I want to get an extra Oscar action figure when they're available and paint one orange! :smile:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
In the case of Oscar, they tore the fur off the old orange Oscar and replaced it with the new. He's kept up by maintenance, but he is not completely replaced. That's what I understood about him.
Sometimes he is completely replaced. There is an Oscar in the Smithsonian. And see the thread "Cookie Monster After Season 1" in the Classic Sesame Street forum for a discussion of "Bucket-Mouth Oscar" (which we have since discovered is from Season 5).

:stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
OOOHhhhhhhhh.

Did you see the Muley that the Smithsonian has? (Or, did they burn him?)

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
OOOHhhhhhhhh.

Did you see the Muley that the Smithsonian has? (Or, did they burn him?)
I saw him peeking out of Fonzie's jacket. Maybe he misread the card and thought it said "Fozzie's jacket".

wes

Reaction score
The Oscar in the Picture above Doesn't Look like the origanal, his eyes are too far apart, I though he had a Uni-brow

Also,
Fozzie Bear said:
Where'd you hear that Oscar was originally purple? I don't ever recall seeing that--and I'm OLD! That's intriguing, though. Wonder how cool that would have been, eh?

I do know I want to get an extra Oscar action figure when they're available and paint one orange! :smile:
I thought I read that In Carroll Spinney Book, The president of CTW got mad at the henson people because Jim kept changing the color, I think as a prototype he was purple, then when to Orange and finally By the Second season ended up Green which the President of CTW didn't like very much, but look how popular he is now.:grouchy:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
wes said:
The Oscar in the Picture above Doesn't Look like the origanal, his eyes are too far apart, I thought he had a Uni-brow
They wouldn't have given a phony to the Smithsonian. But what he might be is one of the "photo" puppets that they use for taking pictures. Then he would have an armature inside so he could be posed.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
wes said:
In the beging before taping the first SS program Oscar Was Purple, he went through three different color in his life no wounder he's grouchy
:grouchy:
That might be the reason but I have it on good authority, from Oscar himself that is, that it's because he doesn't get any sleep. His garbage can is right next to Big Bird's nest and boy can that turkey snore.:grouchy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
I saw him peeking out of Fonzie's jacket. Maybe he misread the card and thought it said "Fozzie's jacket".

I just asked him and he said you're exactly right! So, next time we meet, you get a candy bar!