What Can We Do to Help?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
D'Snowth did make an interesting point though. In movies, TV and music, there are always well paid people. But you generally don't find people in that position in puppetry (or voice acting for that matter).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
heralde said:
D'Snowth did make an interesting point though. In movies, TV and music, there are always well paid people. But you generally don't find people in that position in puppetry (or voice acting for that matter).
Exactly, and you have to admit, if you're a well established actor, actress, animator, singer, dancer, and know what you're doing then you could receive a nice little pay-check, and I was saying why can't it be the same for puppetry, especially working with the Muppets?

BEAR

Reaction score
Actually, many people make a very good living as voice-over artists.

BEAR

Reaction score
I would like to say though that actors have to work really hard to establish themselves enough to make that kind of money. Not all acting jobs are that well paid.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Along with the comment that Buck Beaver made, I am reminded of something that Rick Lyon was recently quoted as saying in a book:

"I always did the school plays. I played music. I've always done a lot of drawing. And typical puppeteers do everything: design the scenery, write their own material, create the puppets, and ultimately perform, too. So for somebody interested in many different kinds of art, puppetry is a good way to combine those interests."

So, it's a lot of hard work, but you can make a decent living being a puppeteer. You deffenitely won't be rich, but it can be done.

Probably most of the puppeteers on here can recognize themselves in that quote. I sure could, even with my crude creations (the films I've done have never come out as well as I would have hoped).

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Avenue Q: The Book.

It's really great! It has the entire play, plus a whole bunch of interviews and stuff. It's printed like a children's book, and has a bright, orange, furry cover.

BEAR

Reaction score
Maybe this is why Fran Brill does more than just puppeteer on Sesame Street. She is an actress and well-established voice-over artist as well. And Joey Mazarino also writes for the series, with Kevin Clash producing. So, I'm sure they are pretty comfortable in the financial department. Then again, what do I know!

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
BEAR said:
And Joey Mazarino also writes for the series, with Kevin Clash producing. So, I'm sure they are pretty comfortable in the financial department. Then again, what do I know!
I'm pretty sure Kevin does ok.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
So, it's a lot of hard work, but you can make a decent living being a puppeteer. You deffenitely won't be rich, but it can be done.
Works for me!!!:excited: