What did we do to deserve THIS?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
ok i can see why Yogi is made live action and maybe bugs but why this...he never interacted with humans if i remember

Mupp

Reaction score
ok i can see why Yogi is made live action and maybe bugs but why this...he never interacted with humans if i remember
Well, humans would usually just run away from him. :wink:

I have to say, this is a horrible idea. I am so sick of classic toons in a live-action CGI films. The toons always end up looking creepy and off-putting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, this is a horrible idea. I am so sick of classic toons in a live-action CGI films. The toons always end up looking creepy and off-putting.
I wouldn't mind if they at least manage to do these things right. When it comes to making cartoons live action for the big screen, they're either hit or miss, and 90% of the time, miss. People are still whining about how "bad" Popeye was (and I felt it to be a brilliant translation... it was based on the Thimble Theater comics, which were always superior to the cartoons anyway). The Flintstones, even though oddly cast on the part of the Rubbles was also a very good one, did pretty well, though people were over stocked with John Goodman looking Fred toys forEVER. You always manage to find them somewhere if you look hard enough. And Flintstones was one of the most successful ones of those.

Fast forward to the surprise hit of Alvin and the Chipmunks. Now EVERYONE thinks they want to do a Chipmunks style movie. They ruined the Smurf's movie plot (Still wish Paramount made it) to make it a Chipmunks style movie. Then of course Yogi came not too far after. That said, nothing ever came out of the Marvin the Martian movie which was planned years earlier.

And we all have to come down and face one thing. LT has NEVER been successful as a live action animation cross breed. Roger Rabbit doesn't count. Space Jam did something, sure, but modestly at best... BIA flopped. Other than the fact it was script doctored to oblivion (I wish they had a Donner cut of the film available), it just didn't pull anyone away from Elf (bleh!). So what makes anyone think that the Bugs film will be successful enough to make a movie about a slightly less popular LT character?

As they said on Tiny Toons, "When it comes to animation, us old timers have a 6 minute attention span."