What do you miss about "new" Sesame Street?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with Jackie! What doodlehead kid actually imitated him, causing parents to get him pulled? There are more harmful things to watch than that. One channel off from Sesame in MA is Jerry Springer (no shame! They have No shame!).

Besides, who would play Don Music now, since Richard Hunts untimely passing? David Rudman?

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
LOLOL!!! I dunno if too many kids ever imitated Don Music...but I can think of a few of today's rock stars who act like they probably did when they were little....

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
I bet David could play Don Music if he tried to since he does many of Richard's charactes like Sonny Friendly. I just wish that Sesame Street would show some sketches w/ Sonny Friendly!

What I really miss is the Cooperation song. "Cooperation makes it happen. Cooperation working together. Dig it!" I haven't seen that in forever and I can't find the music to it anywhere!

Adios,
~Megan~

Salmoto

Reaction score
What bugs me is that there's no place to put in random sketches anymore. Just so the kids are capable of understanding the show there's no place to see all the wonderfully animated counting and letter cartoons from the mid 60s and 70s, not to mention squeeze in a classic Ernie and Bert skit, and the rare, but eventual replaying of a song like "Carribean Amphibian."

Well, if you don't like the new format, like me, you cna always turn it to Noggin, where they show Sesame street episodes from the 90s. They still manage to throw in 15 or more minutes of Elmo, but the show format is closer to the original.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Megan,

The Cooperation song has been on Muppet Central Radio a lot over the last few days !

See ya

furryfella

Reaction score
The new format Is Not like it used to be anymore!! Sure they have the monsters with there clubhouse it's still isn't the same like it was when i was younger!! They always had some sort of monster song or even a quick skit to end the show with!! Thats what i miss!!!:frown:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
That would be Don MUSIC, Jackie... get it right, would ya?! :wink:

And for the record, they do squeeze in classic B & E clips all the time during Journey to Ernie (which is not otherwise redeeming). Also, they put in clips like the pinball (which someone mentioned) and other classic cartoons, just not as many as before. I still find plenty of adult humor in the street scenes. In fact, Monster Clubhouse and JTE aside, I think that the "new" SS has has some hilarious moments this past season! And I watch everyday...

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
Warrick

Thanks! I'll have to start listening to it more.

Adios,
~Megan~

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
I still find plenty of adult humor in the street scenes. In fact, Monster Clubhouse and JTE aside, I think that the "new" SS has has some hilarious moments this past season! And I watch everyday...
Yeah, you gotta admit, the new format has ups and downs. Monster Clubhouse is pretty much hit or miss. I'm in the middle of the deal, and I think that it would actually be funny if they did'nt use it so much (like, every other day). Journey to Ernie is okay, though it looks like they shot the whole thing in a days time (two days tops) mainly because they use the same ones over and over, three of them a day at 40 something episodes a season. It's repetitive. And I only like it if they use an Ernie and Bert clip instead of Ernie's Show and Tell (think of the classic Muppets talking to kids segments with unfunny, dull kids). My only compliant is that they use so many sketches so many times in one season.

John Steffens

Reaction score
I love the skit where a little girl is sitting with Kermit.
and Kermit asks her to sing the alphabet.

So the little girl says
A-B-C-D-E-F- COOKIE MONSTER!
and as she says the letters there's a picture of that letter, then when she says cookie monster, there a picture of cookie monster.

Kermit replies, "Cookie Monster isn't part of the alphabet."

Girl continues.
E-F-G-H-I-J-K- COOKIE MONSTER!

Funny as heck.

Plus the one with Bert trying to give his nefew a bath, and Ernie keeps sticking in bath toys, filling up the tub, so the baby cant take a bath.!!

Plus the one where ernie can't sleep and Ernie counts various things, annoying the heck out of Bert

Then they show some of the old animated and such segments.

I would love to see all sesame street stuff on DVD!!!
Is that even possible??