What do you miss about "new" Sesame Street?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We where kids to

They say the new fromat is beter for kid balony. i learnd so much from SS in the 1980's iand i loved every single person on SS. Not one of them was the least bit Anoyong and to kidish. I have said it befor and i will say it now Elmo has really changed things on SS for the worse. i think it focaes to much on the one person and being to themselfs. wich when kids get older is not good. to be in ones own little world.
Big Bird was the star he ws great and i still think he and oscar could be great, if somone would get out of the spot-light that they stole. Thats was the main reason Jim Henson was such a succese to the show, and so is and was Carol Spinny a wonderfull man who listens to kids knows what they want and is a tremendusly good puppeter. Keven and Elmo are to me oriented.
Thats not what SS was about when i was a kid it was about Coroperation Sharing and carring for your nighbors. Big Bird was learing all that Elmo cant in his own little crayon world. Why that dont even teach about having an iamanation. Which is in my opinion a key thing for young people to learn. We need more reallness on SS even though Big bird was a Bird he would feel the ways that i would sometimes feel. he would go throgh the things i went through. i loved it. and still would. i say it it wasnt broke why fix it ?
:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :frown:

gildir

Reaction score
35th Anniversary show

DancingLauren said:
But the things I miss about classic Sesame?:

1)Classic Bert and Ernie: The "Imagine That" song and the one where he dances to sleep with the sheep.

2) Teeny Little Super Guy.. remember him? Sniff.

3) The girl who used to take her llama to the vet.

4) The sketch where Harry ate a cracker and they showed it going through him (i dont know why... i just liked that)

5) MR HOOPER. :frown:

6) All of those classic crazy number counting sketches. Man, they need to relsease some 70s and 80s episodes on DVD.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:
The controversial 35th Anniversary episode, "The Street We Live On", featured "Dance Myself to Sleep" (expanded with a sequence of dancing celebrities) and brief clips of "Imagine That", Mr. Hooper and Teeny Little Super Guy. (The clips of "Imagine That" and Mr. Hooper were without sound.) It also featured the "Song of 10" (ending with the Baker dropping the "10 chocolate layer cakes") and the "10 tiny turtles on the telephone talkin' to the grocery men".

Drtooth

Reaction score
The one thing I really miss? Not having to sit through 5 minutes of McDonalds and Life cereal ads!

I get enough of that watching Ninja Turtles on a commercial network.

PBS is non commercial my Aunt Fanny! :sleep: :boo:

DancingLauren

Reaction score
gildir said:
The controversial 35th Anniversary episode, "The Street We Live On", featured "Dance Myself to Sleep" (expanded with a sequence of dancing celebrities) and brief clips of "Imagine That", Mr. Hooper and Teeny Little Super Guy. (The clips of "Imagine That" and Mr. Hooper were without sound.) It also featured the "Song of 10" (ending with the Baker dropping the "10 chocolate layer cakes") and the "10 tiny turtles on the telephone talkin' to the grocery men".
Yeah, I have that one on tape. I guess what I'd really like is to just be able to sit and watch a few old shows from the 80's straight through. See all the OLD characters, sets, and sketches. Doesnt' really matter which, although the ones I listed were my faves, along with the "Hole in the Bucket Dear Liza" song someone metnioned and the cat who sticks its face in the dollhouse. I'd buy some of the DVDs but I dont know if its really worth to just see one or two old clips and rest Elmo. What do you all think? :grouchy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
1) Classic Bert and Ernie: The "Imagine That" song (*And I tip my hat...imagine that!*) and "Dance Myself To Sleep" (*Because I get off my pillow, and I flip on the light...got some partners I can count on called the Boogie-Woogie Sheep, and I dance myself to sleep. And, my trusty little bugle helps spread the news, and I'm tapping two taps and I'm a-raring to snooze...*)

2) Teeny Little Super Guy (You can't tell a hero by his size...he's just a teeny little super guy! ooh, yeah...)

3) Classic Celebs (*in Monster in the Mirror, the Simpson family appears, with Homer about to strangle Bart, and in Put Down the Duckie, numerous celebreties [like Ray Charles] tell Ernie to "Leave that duck alone..you got to put down the duckie if ya want to play the saxophone..yeah!*)

4) Joe Rasopo (sp?) (*Everybody eats. Everybody eats. Meat, fish, and cereal. Uh, carots, peas, and beets...but, how do you know it's so, 'cause everybody...everybody eats. Yes, everybody...everybody eats...* 'same tune for everybody sleeps')

5) The Count's famous chuckle and thunder/lightning effect (1...1 chicken...bwah ha ha ha 'thunder and lightning effect')