What do you think about a Muppet Theme Park?

WiGgY

Reaction score
lol I don't know if i would eat colored food. maybe weird names for the food though.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
There were plans for these kind of themed 'Muppet' rides at Disneyworld long ago if the merger would have gone through - i think we have even seen some of these plans at some time or another on the forum.
Laughing Place has some great details about the proposed "Great Muppet Movie Ride" at MGM studios, that was on the planning board when the merger fell thru.

I think that if Universal had bought the Muppet Gang we might have seen a Muppet Theme Park addition to the islands of adventure. How incredible would that have been?

WiGgY

Reaction score
What about this Valintine guy. Do you think he would do something with the theme park idea? And I did forget about Fraggle Rock! That could be a whole section of the park, or even it's own park! Red Water Spect6acular would be a great water ride and maybe Gobo's Great Post Card Caper :big_grin: . There is so much potential here! Some one has to make a theme park for the Muppets. If Sesame Place gets it's own Park then the Muppets should get their's. And if it's made like Islands of adventures is then it would certainly be a huge hit. Have like one or two kid friendly sections at the front of the park and make the rest of the park for an older crowd, but with such muppetty scenary that everyone can enjoy the park even if they don't go on the rides.

AH! I'm so excited about the idea, but so sad that it's only an idea. :frown:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I would like a Pigs in Space ride
and a Electric mayhem concert
plus LOTS of muppet stores!
from
BARRY LEE
wish for a Muppet theme park and a Pigs in Space movie!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Oh yes we would definatly need a Pigs In Space ride. Maybe a movie ride with bad jokes :big_grin: . Steve could do Link I'm sure. And while you wait in line they could show muppet show clips on monitors! And I think daily electric mayhem concert would be cool too. That goes with my idea of live puppet shows. Even if it was dubbed it would be great to see skits done live. Maybe even here the new encarnation of the electric mayhem sing.

There could even be a dr. teeth ride! Dr. Teeth's Psycodelic Ride! And lots of muppet stores too. With all kinds of stuff. Maybe if there were a theme park, palisades could sell huge amounts of playsets and stuff. And there could be resorts! Like a real Happiness hotel! It's made to look run down but the room are really nice and stuff. :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Well if life were fair, those old blue prints for a Muppet theme park addition to an existing theme park would have happened...we'd still have JH and RH, the JHC would be a very well off corporation with a 24 hour JHC channel, and all would be good. Sadly life is not fair...but there is always dreaming...and hoping! As things stand for the future of everything and a Muppet comeback, all we can do is hope.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
As awesome as all these ideas are, unfortunately the Henson Company is not in a position to bring any of these dreams to light right now. The ideal time probably would have been 1982 or so. Maybe someday the Muppets will have more of a presence in the theme parks. Valentine once worked for Disney and is still real chummy with them, so if he ends up with co-ownership, there's a possibility that their presence at the Disney parks might increase.

If there WERE a Muppet theme park, I'd have it split into different sections. You know how Disney World is split into four sections: Adventure Land, Fantasy Land, etc.? Well, the first section closest to the park's entrance would be Sesame Junction, featuring characters and attractions from SS. (Yes, I know there's already a Sesame Place. This is my fantasy, OK? :stick_out_tongue: ) The next section over would be Fraggle Square, featuring not only Fraggle Rock but also Bear in the Big Blue House, The Hoobs, The Secret Life of Toys, Emmett Otter's Creek, and attractions from other similar Henson productions. There would also be attractions based on Babe and some of the more lighthearted Creature Shop productions. The third section would be Muppet Land (or possibly Hensonville), where all of the TMS stuff resides. I like people's suggestions for a Pigs in Space Mountain and a live/animatronic Electric Mayhem show. I enjoy the idea of a Gonzo ride, though knowing him, I think I'd be too scared to go on it! (See quote below.) And also, anything Jim Hill ever wrote about could appear here. As you can see, we're appealing to an older audience as we move around the perimenter. The fourth and final section would be World of Fantasy, an entire world dedicated to Creature Shop creations. Walk through an actual Labyrinth. Thrill to the Voyage of the Dark Crystal ride. Enjoy the Storyteller's Live Show. Get your picture taken with Ludo. There would also be representations from other productions the Creature Shop has done for other companies. I also love the idea of a Happiness Hotel right by the park.

So anyway, that's my dream. Are you all drooling yet? :big_grin: :wink:

Gonzo: "This is fun. I think we should try this without a hot-air balloon."
Kermit: "Try what? Plummeting?"
Gonzo: "Yeah!"

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think the idea of a creature shop section. Wow there are so many Henson productions! Why stop at 4 sections? Make more lol. I wouldn't combine Fraggle Rock with other stuff though. In my fantasy Fraggle Rock is full of water rides like a mimi water park. Similar to Toon Lagon at universal islands of adventure. And a Muppet town is cool too. I'd like to see different houses for each of the well know muppets. And in the window you can see the muppet who owns the house peeking out or something. Pepe and Rizzo would have tiny houses. :big_grin: And ofcourse the houses wouldn't just be for show. In side would be a store or an attraction.

The main event in this section would be the muppet theater which would have two parts to it. One part would be the animatronic shows on a replica of the muppet stage and during each show something different could go wrong like in Muppet 3d only it changes from show to show or day to day. the second part would be a tour of the muppet theater and all the sets. Each car could be a few balcony seats put together and in front would sit an animatronic statler and waldorf and the tour guide would be scooter! Since it's always scripted anyway might as well do it right. :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
It's so cool to hear about people's ideas for a Muppet theme park! Hey ya could even have a Farscape section!

Its weird that there is even a Muppet Vision3d little area in Orlando and Southern California...the Muppets still seem so underground to me as of late, as far as people really liking them...but some day man! ...some day...