What DO YOU want to see in the new Dark Crystal Movie??

JMPrater

Reaction score
I wanted to open this thread up to hear some people's ideas for visuals, story ideas and cool things they'd love to see in The Power of the Crystal. We've been talking about news [and the lack thereof] for some time, but now I think we should talk about our love for the world of Thra, what made the first film so special, maybe favorite moments from the original we'd like to sequel expand on.

I've mentioned this over and over but I'd like to see Kira use her wings more and maybe even see flashbacks of the world of Thra when it was populated with Gelflings. I also have some unanswered questions...

1. Did Jen and Kira have offspring?
2. Were there more Gelflings in hiding that revealed themeselves after the crystal was healed?
3. I'd like to understand the origins of the prophecy from the first film and find out if there was more that Jen and Kira didn't read that applies to their new situation?

" When single shines the triple sun, what was sundered and undone, behold, the two made one, by Gelfling hand or else by none."

I feel like the prophecy hints at a greater fate and that throughout history, Jen and Kira or maybe their offspring are charged with protecting and healing the crystal, again and again if they have to.

What about Aughra? What's her role? Hmmmm.....

J.M. Prater

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
First of all, this is a good idea for a thread. Second of all, I try to answer your questions.
1. Did Jen and Kira have offspring? More than likey. Plus I believe the JHC (I think Froud) hinted at Jen and Kira having children in the sequel.
2. Were there more Gelflings in hiding that revealed themeselves after the crystal was healed? Some fans think so. IMO I think Jen and Kira were the last and had repopulate Thra, some what like Adam and Eve or the last two humans during Ragnorok(spelling?) in Norse mythology. Any way, what I want to see: Yeah, I'd like to see Jen and Kira's children. Plus I'd like to see what else happened during the big gap between the films.

Laszlo

Reaction score
From what I've heard they won't have children! :mad:

Yes Kira will use her wings.

Aughra has a major role.

There will be more Gelflings or should I see "U-Muns", the fire people who live under earth. They almost look like Gelflings so maybe they are Gelflings ?

JMPrater

Reaction score
do tell Lazlo, where did you hear such information?

MarieIsabella

Reaction score
What I would Like to See in The Power Of the Dark Crystal:smile:

What a great Idea for a Thread JM!

Hmmm...Well I am definately anticipating how Jen and Kira will be in the Sequel.

Here are a few things I would love to see:

* Kira has taught Jen to talk with Animals and Jen has taught Kira how to read words.

* Jen Commucating with Ursu's Spirit to Seek Help.

* Fizzgig with babies:smile: *Scene* Jen is in the castle and a baby fizzgig trys to sneak up on him and scare him, but jen scares him instead :0)

* Aughra has build a new observatory and it gets ruined again.
Aughra: "Holy Mindew Mother of..." ( She just doesn't have good luck thoughout the original, and she is so funny about it when things go wrong!)
Maybe she can steal something from the castle again too!

I will post more when I think of them:0)

Let me know what you think:smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Laszlo said:
A friend of mine got the script!
WHAT?!:eek:How the heck-
Never mind. Well, that just doesn't make sense that Jen and Kira might not have children. Yeah, Fizzgig having kids seems like a cute idea.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Ok, truth is I already read it.
It's an excellent story, great from start to end. But the whole inner world theme is a bit too strange for my taste.
No, Fizzgig is still alone :wink: