what DONT you like about the muppets...

spritejupiter

Reaction score
i know this is a website supporting the muppets but i need to know some negative points about the muppets....anyone got any?

Jonathan

Reaction score
None here!!! :smile: :crazy: I LOVE THE MUPPETS WITH ALL MY MIND!!! :flirt:

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
Um.... i am trying really hard to think of a negative thing towards the muppets.

*muppetmayhem spends hours pondering the odd question*

oh yeah, I signed a contract with the frog dude that forced me to be put to death If i ever dis on the muppets. I will only live to tell you what I don't like about the muppets after the frog dies. Which isn't going to be for a while yet. LOL :crazy:

christyb

Reaction score
1) that Jim is gone

2) When you want to find some Muppet Merchandise it's like a treasure hunt. (but that's what makes it fun huh?)

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
I dont like disney owning them and the henson company not.
But Disney could do some cool things.
But apart from that NOTHING! :big_grin: :smile: :crazy:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
christyb said:
1) that Jim is gone

2) When you want to find some Muppet Merchandise it's like a treasure hunt. (but that's what makes it fun huh?)
I agree with christyb's reasons. I also miss Jerry Nelson, fer sure. And I wish Frank Oz would become more involved again, maybe direct another Muppets flick. There is nothing truly negative about the Muppets, though. In the spirit of the season, I'll leave poor Elmo alone.

On a side not, I love going to antique malls or flea markets and finding Muppety stuff. Now that I think about it, that is exactly what I will do over Christmas break. Still need one of the Great Muppet Caper glasses...hmmm, yes, very good idea.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Yes, just like everyone else here, I LOVE the Muppets.

And yet, there are some things about them that get on my nerves from time to time. I never had a liking for Miss Piggy. Don't get me wrong, but I couldnt really stand her voice(especially when she sings-like in TMM). Same with Marvin Suggs...why couldn't he talk more like Cookie Monster? that woould have suit him better.

Even with Sesame Street, there are things that bug me. I don't either love or hate Elmo(I didn't really know him that well when I first started watching SS), but I hate that Elmo's World has eaten up the last half of the entire show. For some strange reason I was never really into the cartoons or live-action films. Don't know why, just interested in the Muppets.

I've watched most of it from the early 90s and some from late 80s(memory's still fuzzy about them, but I know I've seen them as I was born around that time), but when looking at the Episode Guide for the 70s episodes at Muppet Wiki, accompanied by some clips from those days(including some from those episodes)...I thought: Wow, THIS was the real Sesame Street! It felt like seeing a real street populated with real kids and adults playing and having fun together, and Muppets up to their little shenanigans. And none of this "cutesy-cutesy" stuff that would eventually happen years later. The early 90s(1990-92 era: Ok as well I guess, but hey, I think the 70s was the real deal).

The things on SS I can't stand are: the "Around the Corner" era(especially the 29th season), Baby Bear, Natasha, Monster Clubhouse, any of the "nursery Rhyme" and "fairytale/magic" nonsense(in Newsflash ok, but ON the street NO!), Hero Guy, Elmo's World(except for maybe a few cameos from some classic characters)...Zoe and Rosita: I don't know...

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmmmmm... this is a real toughy.
  1. The fact that Jim Henson's not alive; :cry:
  2. Nor Richard Hunt :frown: and
  3. How with the 'new' Muppets they try to make the music and everything all modern cause they think it'll be more appealing for today's audiance... ERLACK. :smirk: They've got another think comin'!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kiki pretty much said what I was going to say. It doesn't pay (and it hasn't) to change who you are to please an audience.

...That out of the way, I suppose I was always miffed that they didn't have more female characters. But most television has that problem so, it's not just them. And they did do a great, nondegrading job with the ones they had.

Other than that, I love the Muppets :smile: