what DONT you like about the muppets...

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I didn't like Fozzie's voice in MWoO. I know Eric is doing his best, but it sounded kind of like fozzie was a chick:embarrassed:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
  1. Jim's Dead
  2. No Originality
  3. No Frank Oz
  4. Owned by Disney

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I don't like the lack of Muppets stuff in all fields, but I am a very patient man.

P

Philip Kippel

Barry Lee said:
  1. Jim's Dead
  2. No Originality
  3. No Frank Oz
  4. Owned by Disney
(sigh) WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE LEARN TO STOP BEING SO MEAN TO DISNEY?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I really can't think of anything I dislike about the Muppets, I guess that's why I love them so much! I guess I'm not too fond of the what Disney is doing with them (or really, the lack of what Disney is doing with them)

Although I am very thankful to have Muppet Show season 1 and Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island in widescreen (even though they should have been originally released that way....)

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well like everyone said there isn't really nothing I don't like about the Muppets. But if I really had to pick somethings...

1) That Jim isn't with us anymore (as others have mentioned)
2) That Richard Hunt isn't with us anymore and therefore putting an end to many great characters until not too long ago, like Scooter, Janice (as far as speaking), Forgetful Jones and so much more.
3) Randy and Andy Pig, although from, as an inspiring puppeteer myself, from a puppet standpoint they (like all Muppets) are great puppets. But from a persona standpoint I just really don't like them. They're just too dumb and not in that loveable way like a Homer Simpson can pull off. They're more like make you want to slap them around dumb, :smile: .

So I guess that would be it. Oh and as mention what seems to be a lack of doing anything with the Muppets under Disney. Although I don't really fault Disney too much for that, cause it's not like they're too worried about doing anything with the Muppets, and really why should they be?

BEAR

Reaction score
I'll tell ya what I don't like...this thread. Not to start any fires, but there's something odd about it. The person started this thread as their very first post and is asking us why we don't like Muppets and the member has not posted anything around MC since. I wonder what the purpose is?

BEAR

Reaction score
Also, just to point out a few things...I'm not sure that using Disney's ownership is reason to not like the Muppets.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
there's nothing I dislike about the muppet characters themselves, but there are a few things about the productions that I haven't liked so much, but you can't please everybody.

Some things you can't change, like we all know that the muppets would be better if Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Mr. Hooper, David, and a few others who have died were still alive, but those things weren't avoidable and I think that despite those loses the muppets are doing very well.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Also, just to point out a few things...I'm not sure that using Disney's ownership is reason to not like the Muppets.
Bear, no one is saying that they don't like the Muppets, it's just things they people would like to change about the Muppets.

I don't hate the fact the Disney owns the Muppets myself, I just sometimes wish they would do more with them. But as I've stated, I don't really fault them for that, I understand that they probably have a lot of other things to deal with, so it doesn't bum me out too much.

Also about what you were saying about the person that started this thread, I didn't notice that, but I think you're just reading too much into it, :wink: .