1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

What DVDs would you want for 2008?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TotallySpiesFan, Jun 25, 2007.

1. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

I pretty much agree with everybody here. Any of the Muppet specials would be awesome. Every since there was the false rumor of John Denver and the Muppets a Christmas Together was gonna come out a few years ago I've been wishing for that one. Would also love the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson since my video from when it first aired is so worn out and the 30th anniversary Muppet special that was on in the 80s. I barely remember it but it seems like it was totally cool. I'll probably have to keep dreaming though.:flirt:

2. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

i want
    frog prince
    hey cinderella
    the john denver specials
    the jim henson hour muppet parts
    muppets tonight

3. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

MUPPET BABIES SEASON 1

Long overdue, I'm afraid...

BJ

4. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

The Animal Show also has an episode featuring Randall the Zebra... so, I could go for that on DVD :D

5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Ditto!

6. minor muppetz

Okay, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for an april fools joke, and too late for a july fools prank, but I thought I'd make a pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-p-re April Fools Day announcement:

Next summer, fans can buy every Muppet special ever produced, as well as every movie and every episode of The Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and Muppet TV! Presenting the 28-disc "Super Muppet Collection" DVD! 28 double-sided discs with all Mupet movies and specials (with permisison from the companies that own The Great Santa Claus Switch, the two John Denver specials, The Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppets From Space, Kermit's Swamp Years, and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie), plus special recorded versions of The Muppet Show on Tour, The Mupet Show Live, Here Come the Muppets, and Days of Swine and Roses, Muppet Vision 3D, and all Muppet Show, Jim Henson Hour, and Muppets Tonight promos, all of Rowlf's appearances on The Jimmy Dean Show, and all of the Muppets 1992 appearances on God Morning America.

It's the ultimate release, which will be followed by a second volume, featuring every epsiode of Muppet Babies, Little Mupet Monsters, and From the Balcony, plus every Muppetism and Muppet Time segment, all compilation videos, all Playhouse videos (except for Mother Goose Stories), all Muppet Sing-Alongs, every MuppeToon, and Muppet Classic Theater. Start saving your money now for EVERY IMPORTANT MUPPET PRODUCTION ON VIDEO!

Yeah, too early for april fools day, and also too unbelievable (if I want to provide an april fools joke, I'd want it to be believable).

7. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo Active Member

do you think they will release any Muppet DVD's on Blu Ray?

8. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I have an idea for a future Muppet DVD set! "The Tales from Muppetland Collection DVD Boxset!" (3 Disc set).

Disc 1. Hey Cinderella!

Bonus Feature: Tales Of The Tinkerdee Pilot 1962

Disc 2. The Frog Prince

Bonus Feature: The Wizard Of Id short film 1969

Disc 3. The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen

Bonus Feature: Interviews with Jane Henson, Cheryl Henson, Jerry Nelson, Bonnie Erickson, Caroly Wilcox and Michael K. Frith.

"WHAT DO YA THINK?" :)

9. ploobis

It would also be great if the Ed Sullivan people would release "The Great Santa Claus Switch" on DVD around Christmas time!

10. ploobis

I know we have talked about this before but it would really be great if the Dick Cavett people and the Muppet Holding Company would release the Jim Henson & Muppets episode of The Dick Cavett Show from November 25, 1971 on DVD!

For a bonus feature they should add the appearance of The Country Trio singing "Momma Don't Allow" from 1973.

:)

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I really would like to see John Denver & the Muppets: A Christmas Together complete DVD release and/or the unedited Muppet Family Christmas. I think both Disney and Henson have seen how dedicated fans have been with recent product to figure out a way to get these specials to us. :D

I would also like to see The Muppet Show 3 and Fraggle Rock 4 (I suppose that will be the final release the way Hit has composed them and as originally intended).

A nice new glossy treatment of The Muppets Take Manhattan would be great too. No more of this sticking the word "aniversary" on the package of a half-baked effort as done with TMM, GMC, MCC & MTI recently. :rolleyes: Fans will shell-out cash for a nicely done 2 disk set. ;)

12. minor muppetz

Since quite a few fans seem to think that this is inferior to the first two movies, it would be interesting if this was the first Muppet movie to have a two-disc set.

13. minor muppetz

It would also be great if Land of Tinkerdee was included. The Frog Prince and Muppet Musicians of Bremen both featured quite a few characters whose voices were not performed by their performers. I wonder if the performers actually performed voices live, with voices looped later, or if the voice-overs pre-recorded thevoices and the performers lip-synched to the voice tracks. If the voices were dubbed, then it would be great to have alternate audio tracks (assuming that pre-production copies still exist in the vaults).

14. ploobis

Since we did not get certan Muppet sketches we wanted to see on the Sesame Street Old School Vol. 1 DVD set I have an idea for a line of Sesame Old School Best Of DVD's! Here is a list of what I mean.

1. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Bert & Ernie"

Classic B & E sketches from 1969 to 1979

2. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Cookie Monster"

Classic Cookie sketches from 1969 to 1979

3. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Grover"

Classic Grover sketches from 1969 to 1979

4. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Kermit The Frog"

Classic Kermit sketches (including Sesame News Flash skits) from 1969 to 1979

"WHAT DO YA THINK?" :) :p :(

15. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

How about this:

1. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1969"
    Episodes 8, 43, 54, 83, and 130

2. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1970"
    Episodes 158, 162, 179, 198, and 256

3. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1971"
    Episodes 280, 303, 330, 355, and 405

4. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1972"
    Episodes 410, 436, 500, 514, and 531

5. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1973"
    Episodes 541, 560, 573, 597, and 633

Whaddya think?

16. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

This might be stupid since basically we'd be giving Disney our money again for a product I think it's safe to say we all have more than one DVD version of already and that is a proper 2 disc release of all the Muppet movies or at least the first two.

The Muppet Movie- 2 Disc Collectors Edition

Bonus Features- apart from other would include The Muppet Go Hollywood

The Great Muppet Caper

Bonus Features- The Muppets Go To The Movies

I'd also like to see Muppet specials, many of them could be included as extras on other DVD's, I doubt many of them would get their own release.

Little Muppet Monster- The Complete Series

I think that's the one i'd like to see the most, I've always heard of Little Muppet Monsters but have never seen an episode, I'd love to have all 18 episodes is it? on dvd

17. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Okay, I've decided that the Dog City set is my dream DVD at the moment. Make it happen, Henson!

18. minor muppetz

A very good idea, though I think that the set fr the first season should include another episode or two that wasn't shown on Noggin. Maybe episode 121 (so we can know once and for all if the number one actually sponsored it).

19. minor muppetz

Are you reffering to the special, the series, or both? Because the special was released in the UK.

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, I want to see TMS season 3 (no more 2 year waits) most of all, plus the Final Fraggle season, and a 2 disk Fraggle Cartoon DVD (13 episodes on 2 disks can be done. Look at Teen Titans. Of course, the old TMNT cartoon had 13 on one DISK, but the quality visually was warped).

What I'd love to see but won't:

Muppet Babies season one Uncut (i.e. original Saturday morning, not syndicated prints)
    Dog City the special and the cartoon series
    Some sort of compromise between henson and Disney to release the Jim Henson Hour (they could put Henson productions in association with Disney/Muppet Studios on the label)
    Old School SS vol 3 (80's edition)
    Muppet Family Christmas uncut
    collection of old skits and commercials... if possible with Kermit and Rowlf.
    Puppet Up Uncensored.