What guest stars would you have liked to seen?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
If The Muppet Show were made thirty-five years earlier... Charlie Chaplin and Errol Flynn.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
If The Muppet Show were made thirty-five years earlier... Charlie Chaplin and Errol Flynn.
As well as,Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.

Pianodog

Reaction score
I agree completely with Christopher Lee (he can sing too, you know, and is a lot funnier than most people give him credit for), and would like to add Terry Jones, Terry Gilliam, Graham Chapman and Eric Idle (that is, the Pythons who didn't actually appear on the show and haven't been mentioned on this thread), Meryl Streep (like Lee, funnier than people think), Jack Nicholson, Tom Waits.

Pianodog.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Pianodog said:
I agree completely with Christopher Lee (he can sing too, you know, and is a lot funnier than most people give him credit for)
I'm just gonna go ahead and throw this in: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=18571

Meryl Streep (like Lee, funnier than people think)
Oh gosh, I had an idea, it wasn't Muppets when it started out but the switch is easy, for an episode with Meryl Streep, where the Muppets get her as a replacement guest through an elaborate ruse by which she thinks she's doing a completely different program (like Shakespeare or some such highbrow theatre).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Pianodog

Reaction score
Very nice Christopher Lee outline, Gorgon Heap. One small error in its introduction: it says Lee is the American equivalent of Vincent Price. You do want "British" or "English" there, I think.

I'm pleasantly surprised that someone else thought of Meryl Streep!

Pianodog.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Did I really? I meant British. Darn it anyway. Oh well, glad you liked it just the same.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Dantagon

Reaction score
Whoopy Goldberg
Robin Willaims

Not my favorite actor and actress. But both can sing, act, and are very comedic. That is asuming TMS was still being made today.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Not sure if these actors have been mentioned:

Tim Curry. They could have done a slight nod to RHPS, and with the Muppets, it'd be a real classic!

Billy Crystal. To boast her ego more, he could have told Piggy she rooks mawvolous!

All four of the Beatles, though it was after the band broke up, but I heard Paul McCartney was willing to do it. John would have been great to see as well, or Ringo, or George!

Any surviving principal stars from "The Wizard of Oz" such as Ray Bolger, Jack Haley or Margaret Hamilton. Buddy Ebsen perhaps, too, but, he was more well-known as Jed Clampett, and that could have made for a fun episode.

There's a bunch of others, many of which have been mentioned. The show should have lasted longer, plain and simple!

Pianodog

Reaction score
Tim Curry would have been perfect, yes! Likewise Sean Connery, Peter O'Toole (who wouldn't have come anywhere near the Muppet Show, of course), John Gielgud, Laurence Olivier and Malcolm McDowell.

Pianodog.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Just for the record Whoopi Goldberg and Billy Crystal both guest starred on Muppets Tonight.