What happened to NOGGIN?

ssetta

Reaction score
Lets get back on the subject of Noggin.

But again, sadly, all those old shows they had on Noggin in the very beginning were mainly meant to be filler. They didn't have any shows of their own, so they had to fill space with something, so they decided to fill it with old programming from CTW. But now, as you can see, they have a whole bunch of new shows of their own, so they don't need all those old shows anymore. Plus, when they had those shows, the ratings were terrible for their target audience of ages 2-11. Nobody watched them, simply, because they were old.

You see, it's also, because the channel was never meant to be for nostalgic adults. They have revamped it so that it's 2 channels in 1. During the day, they have Noggin, which is for preschoolers. They have shows such as Oobi, Tweenies, and a bunch of Nick Jr. shows. They also have Play With Me Sesame and newer episodes of Sesame Street, which have Elmo's World. And from 6 PM on, it is something entirely different called "The N." It's mainly for young teenagers of ages 9-14. And "Sesame Street Unpaved" doesn't really go with either of them, unfortunately. And in the programming director's decision, it's not really for anyone anymore, it was something that was for preschoolers 25 years ago. There isn't anything we can do about it. But life goes on.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I wish they still ran the old classic Sesame Street episodes. I would gladly watch them! BTW, what's Sesame Street like now? I haven't seen it in a looooong time!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Not as fun. It still has some old characters but just not that same. They even repaved the set of Sesame Street. Now instead of those old doors that r behind Oscar's Trash Can r doors w/ shapes cut out of them. The lot is no longer has stairs that lead up to that top door and the double doors that had the Basket Ball net above them r now a place where Jina has her Animal Care Center. Its changed alot. Its no longer the same :cry: oh and Meria and Luis run a Mail shop (instead of a fix-it-Shop) Oh and the Doors have a new color to them as well. Hope that helps rexcrk? I can't seemed to get over that they changed everything. I'm upset about it. :frown: but like Ssetta says there's no why to change it. But maybe they will bring back some old characters that haven't been used a long time ago. *cross fingers*

Ssetta how is the ratings now? R they better or worse?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about the ratings for the newer episodes. I have been told that they're doing quite well, but I don't know that for a fact. We don't even know if PBS is going to renew the contract for Sesame Street 2 years from now. But I don't really care if they make new episodes like they've been doing, I wanna see some old ones! But you know, it just occured to me that, the reason why there isn't really a market for old shows is because they have new shows, and people just assume they're better, even though they're not.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Its harsh to put down new shows but I see ur point. Ssetta did u watch any of the new epsiodes?

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, I do, but as we all know, it's not the same, and it will never be the same again.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I understand but if they were to start getting back some of their treations back would u watch it and think hey its doing better. Like if they were to get rid of Elmos World and let him do a 10 mintue thing and then and if they started to make new cartoon segments for # and letters and started to have some old cast come back like Oliva and puppets how would u like it. And don't say it won't happen because it makes me give up on Sesame Street and I don't want to give up I want to dream and hope they get back some Older Segments. I'm not giving up on Sesame Street I'm going to write a letter (that is if u have an email address for Sesame Street) and tell them I'm still watching after 21 years and still loving it and I'll tell them what I miss about the old SS and then maybe they'll start to cave in and they'll start to have more characters. Got it. Need Help Ssetta

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
At least Play with Me Sesame still plays classic skits and Sesame Too has old skits but its downright ridiculous to play all these The N shows when theyre just reruns of episodes teens have seen a million times. The excuse that kids dont enjoy older characters as much as the new ones is bull. No responsible parent is going to let their todler stay up all night. They're was a reason the person hitting the Deja Noggin button was a grown man. These episodes were aimed at nostalgic adults. Its pretty sad that now you have to suffer through a version of Sesame that isnt as good as the older version just to see one or two retro skits. Sad, indeed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Noggin is obsessed with the Nick Jr. shows right now. I can't believe Sesame Workshop would trust Viacom with their shows. They should've went with AOL Time Warner and put Sesame Unpaved on Boomerang. I miss Sesame Unpaved, and the 1993-1994 123 Sesames. Look at Noggin, they play 123 Sesame 2 times a day, and Play with Me Sesame 2 times a day, and the rest of the time is Nick Jr. Shows. That's 3 hours of classic S.S. while they have 8 hours of Nick Jr, and 1 hour of Oobi. That's just not right. I don't mind Oobi, but they're just obsessed with Nick Jr. Shows, especially Tweenies.