What if Disney added a Muppet block to The Disney Channel?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool if Disney decided to add a three-hour block of Muppet programming to either The Disney Channel or ABC Family Channel? Perhaps it could be called The Muppet Channel, and can play Muppet programming.

I would have it be three-hours long, and between the programming there would be new inserts shown during commercial breaks, with the Muppets talking to the audience, getting shows started, Statler and Waldorf making comments, and more.Muppetisms, Muppet Times, music videos, and other short Muppet programs would also be shown during commercial breaks.

This is what I would do with such a programming block:

I would have it run Sunday-Saturday. From Monday-Friday it would run from 5PM-8PM, on Saturdays it would run from 8AM-11AM and again from 10PM-1AM. On Sundays it would run from 2PM-5PM.

All blocks would begin with two epsiodes of The Muppet Show except for on Saturday Mornings and Sunday afternoons. Saturday morning blocks of The Muppet Channel would open with two episodes of Bear in the Big Blue House, or maybe Breakfast with Bear could be shown before it, leading to The Muppet Channel. Sunday afternoon showings would be two episodes of Muppet Babies.

Anyway, this would be the regular schedule that I would include:

Monday-Friday:
5PM The Muppet Show
5:30PM The Muppet Show

Monday-Thursday:
6PM Muppet Babies

Tuesday:
6:30PM Little Muppet Monsters

Wednesday:
6:30PM Muppets Tonight

Thursday:
6:30PM MuppeTelevision (AKA the first half of The Jim Henson Hour)

Friday:
6PM-8PM: a Muppet movie

From Monday-Thursday, there would be some original Muppet series. Ideas could include a musical series starring Rowlf or The Electric Mayhem, a Frog Scouts series, a talk show hosted by Pepe, a reality parody series (like Americas Next Muppet), a movie parody series hosted by Statler and Waldorf (where they review the parodies), and other ideas starring supporting characters. I know that when Jim Henson planned on selling The Jim Henson Company to Disney in 1990, there were plans for a series of detective books starring Miss Piggy. This might be a good idea for a series, as would Muppet High and maybe some animated Muppet shows.

Anyway, here is my idea for the Saturday schedules:

8AM Bear in the Big Blue House
8:30AM Bear in the Big Blue House
9:00AM Muppet Babies
9:30AM Little Muppet Monsters (repeat from monday)
10:00AM a Muppet special (sometimes original, sometimes something already produced)

And my idea for the Saturday night line-up would be:
10PM The Muppet Show
10:30PM The Muppet Show
11:00PM MuppeTelevision (repeat from Wednesday)
11:30PM Muppets Tonight
12:00AM-1AM either some original programming (apealing to older Muppet fans) or a repeat of the special shown earlier.

Sunday:
2PM Muppet Babies
2:30PM Muppet Babies
3PM The Muppet Show
3:30 an oriignal Muppet series
4PM a Muppet special

What does everybody think?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
minor muppets, that would be so amazing!! But...Unfortunately, the way things are looking at Disney right now, I don't think we'll be seeing this anytime soon. But still, it's a marvelous thought. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's a great idea, if only these people thought the way you did. But I think their too busy showing original series.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It'll never happen. They seem to be more-or-less neglecting the Muppets right now

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
That's a great idea, if only these people thought the way you did. But I think their too busy showing original series.
Well, I did mention that this could also include some original series, starring supporting characters (similar to Statler and Waldorf: From the Balcony). I'm not sure how bad this idea would get in the way of the regular performers performing (alternate performers could be used for some shows, and with Late Night Buffet having main characters performed by Brian Henson and Bill Baretta, I'm not sure if that show would get in the way of these two performers performing in new Muppet material).

If having so many new original Muppet series at once is too much, then, like I said, it could just show old productions like The Muppet Show and Muppet Babies.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Wouldn't it be cool if Disney decided to add a three-hour block of Muppet programming to either The Disney Channel or ABC Family Channel?
Yes. Yes it would be cool. Anymore questions? Ha ha.

I LOVE your programming schedule too, great job. Would be such an easy way for Disney to get the Muppets back into public awareness. I wish they would see this thread and steal your ideas! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
They are not going to show any old Muppet series, and there are no original Muppet series on Disney channel that are in the works. And I doubt there will ever be.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
They are not going to show any old Muppet series, and there are no original Muppet series on Disney channel that are in the works. And I doubt there will ever be.
Yeeeee.

We can always hope.
:smile:
Anthony