What is your not so favorite figure?

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I'd have to say Gonzo, but we gotta remember, Gonzo is probably the most complex character in both loo
I really don't want to know Gonzo's complex loo details. That's really more information that I'd care to know.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I have to say Beaker. Piggy is the obvious one, but after I popped her EB head onto the purple body, she is a lot better. Beaker's hair just seems too big and cartoony to me. That's all that's wrong with him, but it made an impact on me. I also wish Gonzo's eyes and color were less cartoony, but he's pretty good in person.

Fozzie is the best so far. Any version. They are all good. But I do favor his classic hat.
dude, I know you didnt just clown on my Beaker! ^_^

All I know, if the character is non Main 5, hes my favorite!
Weve had enough Kermit/Piggy/Fozzie/Gonzo/Animal merch to last a thousand lifetimes!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like them all, but he is my least fave.

ElectricMayhem9

Reaction score
I would hve to say my least favs are:

4) Regular Piggy(Sorry)

3) Gonzo w/ Cape(I can't wait for the Purple tux version to make
up for this one)

2) Tied - Tux Rowlf & Samuel Arrow(Again I can't wait for plain
versions of Rowlf & Sam the
Eagle!!)

1) Beaker

Those are my "Not-So-Hots" thus far.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Hi. I can't hold back any longer. First off I must say how much I'm enjoying most of the Muppet action figures, including series 2 -- even though I've technically had ten times the amount of problems with them than I ever had with series 1.

So far, I've read in several places how Fozzie is the favorite figure overall. But try as I may to have liked him, I'm so disappointed with mine. And I have four. Three out of those four have some kind of defect or problem.

Out of three Vacation Fozzies that I have, only one has a magnet strong enough to hold his hat on, and it's barely strong enough at that. Turn him upsidedown, and it will fall off. Also, one of my Vacation Fozzies has two different paints used for his eye pupils. One eye is the nice, shiny, glossy black color that it should be, and the other eye is a dull, flat charcoal grey complete with overspray. Of all the areas to have paint problems, the eyes are definitely the worst. I'm just glad he came with a pair of sunglasses.

Next on my list of Fozzie flaws is my regular Fozzie. Yes his hat stays on amazingly well, he has nice eyes & a superb paintjob. However, he has more trouble standing than my regular Piggy (thankgoodness he has footpeg holes in the bottoms of his feet, unlike Vacation Fozzie). Maybe it's a case of vertigo or loss of equilibrium from his head bobbling around so much -- which is his biggest problem of all. He nearly has whiplash from his head swivelling around and out-bobbling my Kermit bobblehead's. His default head position when at rest flops back, making him look like he's craning his neck all skiwampus to watch for birds.

Not including one of my Vacation Fozzie's floatie friend's head looking like it's deflating or melting, or the minor disappointment of the completely useless suitcase not opening or accommodating the stickers, those are my major complaints with Fozzie. Otherwise, he's great. As you see, he's just not making the top of my list as far as favorite Muppet figures go.

From favorite to least:

Kermit & EB long-haired Miss Piggy
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Gonzo
Animal
Floyd
Beaker
Crazy Harry
Dr. Teeth
regular hair-up Piggy
Vacation Fozzie
regular Fozzie

Raech

Reaction score
Wow this shocks me, as regular Fozzie is my favorite by a mile.

When I originally saw the color on Dr B H & the sculpt on hair up Miss Piggy
I thought I'd pass on the line.

Now I saw Fozzie in a Suncoast and thought wow ok I have to buy these now.

So I trucked over to EB and bought the Animal playset, Fozzie, Hair Down excl piggy, and the regular Gonzo (no non removable helmet for this chick).

Now I need Muppet labs/Beeker, Kermit, Dr H (since I am getting muppet labs I need him even though I hate the color).

And I will probably get Dr Teeth and Floyd to put in front of the Electric Mayham playset I own now (darn you guys for making it so cool).

But Fozzie pulled me in. :big_grin: :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Raech

That actually is the correct Dr. Bunsen Honeydew color. The lights used in film production often change the hue of the puppets to a warmer color. Also, film turns pinkish as it ages - that changes the color or the characters too. The color on the figure is also the same used for the Sideshow bust.

You have a big point with Miss Piggy. Plus- I was researching full body pictures and her legs should be so much shorter and fatter, but that's apparently want Henson wants, but they are fattening her up for the next version.

Travis

That's so strange about Fozzie. I know the magnet in his hat is weaker. Ken mentioned something about that and the Chef on the other board. But it stays on okay as long as you don't fling him around. You can take these back to the store and get a replacement - or contact Palisades' consumer affairs. They are really passionate with keeping their collectors happy.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't think it's the magnet in the hat. I think the problem is with the bear. My vacation fozzie fits great on my regular fozzie but my regular fozzie hats won't stay on vacation fozzie. Is it possible that they didn't even put a magent in some of thevacation Fozzie heads? I hope the chef hat isn't as weak. It sucks when the hat won't stay on :frown:

I saw Piggy in full body pics too and I agree that she should be much shorter. the waist is way too high on the hog :big_grin: . I hope a different Piggy is made wearing the classic silvery white dress from the muppet show. That purple thing is really bad. ( sorry Ken :frown: )

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Piggy's dress is more silvery purple, I agree - but I like the dark purple too. I think a classic Miss Piggy exclusive is in order somewhere down the road. Maybe even with a real fabric dress. Sure, it would cost more, but I think collectors would buy an expensive perfect Piggy. To tell you the truth, my Piggy figure (EB head on the purple body) doesn't really bother at all unless I look at some of the more classic source material. It would just be nice to have a knock-out Piggy figure one of these days.