1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What is Your Race and Religion?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well, there's really no religion that fits my beliefs 100%, and the closest one I've found is deism, but I don't claim to be a deist :p
  2. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I'm Caucasian (about as pale as they come, between Snowthy and me). My dad was Irish, my mother English, but my family tree also has some Italian, Jewish and German branches.
    Raised Catholic, but now I'm part of a Christian Reformed church. But religious titles don't matter to me. It's what's in your heart, and your relationship with Jesus that matters. To me, Religion is trying to conform to a set of rules and trappings, and being humans, we are never going to be perfect. We will sin, we will screw up, we will make mistakes. That's why Jesus died for us.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That's pretty much the way I feel too: someone I know once said there's a difference between being a religious person, and being a spiritual person, and it's better to be a spiritual person (trying to live a Christ-like life, and really working on your relationship with Jesus), as opposed to being a religious person (goes to church and spouts Scriptures a lot).
  4. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Amen, Brother Snowthy :)
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  5. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

EXACTLY! Thank you for bringing this up! :)
  6. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I have a Christian shirt that says on the front in big letters.

IT'S NOT ABOUT RELIGION! IT'S ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!

Most other faiths are based upon whatever people do to try to earn the favour of the gods or goddesses they believe in. Christianity teaches that we can do nothing to merit God's favour because we have all sinned and done wrong in His sight. Though we deserve His righteous judgement as sinners we believe that He forgives us purely out of His loving mercy through the substitutionary death and resurrection of His Son Jesus. Christianity means that Christ has brought us into an undeserved relationship with Him and His Father.

It's true that the term the Christian religion has been nominally used for many years however. But Christians in some places are beginning to get out of that misnomer in recent years thank God.
  7. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

I'm white/caucasian. I'm an American, and I've got some German in me from my dad's side, but beyond that I don't know.

I'm a Christian (a Baptist specifically, though I don't think denomination is that important). But I don't like calling it a religion, for exactly the reasons that Bill Bubble Guy posted above.
  8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

White/Caucasian and as far as I know I am pure Newfoundlander, LOL. Mostly English, might have some Irish and Welsh in the bloodline as well.

I'm also a born-again believer in Christ, and I think Bill Bubble Guy has summoned up my views on that pretty well already. I am completely incapable of reconsiling myself to God by any method of my own because of my sin, and I have to rely entirely on the love, grace and mercy of Jesus Christ as my Savior and reconsiler, and I thank God for that. :)
  9. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I'm mixed of black, white, french, and puertorican. (Still can't spell that. :p)

I am a Christain.
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm White/Caucasian, with French, English, German, Irish, and Italian roots, I think. Every time I ask someone in my family that question I get a different answer, so I'm guessing they don't really know.

I was confirmed Catholic, but I don't really identify with or follow any religion or belief system right now.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  11. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I'm white/Caucasian; I'm also a quarter Muppet.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. If anyone's interested in learning more about him, I''m always open to sharing my faith with you. :)
  12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Jealous! :grr:
    miss kermie likes this.
  13. I'm white/Caucasian, and a quarter Whatever. : P
    I am an Agonistic.
  14. miss kermie

Forgive me for asking, but what is Agonistic?
  15. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Race: My grandparents on my mother's side are all Taiwanese, my grandmother on my father's side is also Taiwanese, and my grandfather came from mainland China somewhere around 1949.
    (by "Taiwanese" above, I mean they moved to Taiwan long before the civil war)
    A political party in Taiwan decided to split out folks who came to Taiwan after the civil war, saying they're "darn mainland Chinese". So as a decedent, I'm affected. This really angers me, as I'm Taiwanese all the same, why split me out? I have patriotism :attitude:
    (If you are in China, sorry for the politics. And for others, sorry for making your head go kaboom.)

Religion: none
  16. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I can answer that question for you. An agnostic is sort of like an atheist but there is a little difference. An agnostic basically says that there may indeed be a God or supreme deity of some sort but he or she does not really see what significance or relevance this God can possibly have upon his or her life even if God is real. But an atheist on the other hand simply denies straight out that there is a God at all.
  17. What he said. Agnostics are essentially indifferent to the whole debacle. :p
  18. miss kermie

Oh, ok. Thank you.
  19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I'm caucasian. I have a mix of Polish, German, and Cherokee.

As for religion, I'm Baptist, but I have to agree with what others have said. It's about a relationship. So while I haven't been the best Christian lately, I'm still in a spiritual relationship.
  20. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I'm white, but my mom does geneaology, and it's easier to say what races aren't a part of my family tree than what are, LOL. Scottish and German and Cherokee and Choctaw are the primary branches, though. I'm white to olive-skinned but I do have one picture of my infant self where I was practically copper, totally doing the whole Native look, but as I understand it, I had jaundice and my parents had to expose me to sunlight a lot, and I'm much paler in every other photo, so, yeah....

I was baptized Methodist. My mother took us to a Lutheran church after my parents' divorce. Both parents' sides come from pretty strict Southern Baptist stock. However, now that I'm an adult, I don't go to any church as I feel the entire universe is the "house of God", so to speak. I'm Christian, non-denominational, with a lot of sympathies toward Buddhism.