LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Saw a video of some idiotic teenagers putting a firework on a dog's tail. :mad:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Kids can be cruel.
Kids can be stupid.
Kids should know better.
But they think something as moronic as that will get a few thousand hits on YouTube, so who cares.

And to a large degree, because of social media, and YouTube, many people don't have any value on life. So they think making an animal suffer (for their own amusement) is fun. It's sick.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I slept until noon. I hate it when I sleep that late! Then again, I was up until 1:30 in the morning because I got caught up reading a comic strip archive.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Some of the kids at Subway who worked for me used to come in all sleep-deprived, not because of insomnia, sleep apnea or some disorder,. Not because they're new parents up all night with a baby. It's because they were up all night gaming.

What they do in their own time is their business. But when you show up for work, you're gonna be expected to WORK! You're of no use to anybody if you can't keep your eyes open. Or if you're hung over.
And if you're gonna spend your day with your face in the toilet, go home. No hangovers on company time. And if you wanna fall asleep? Fall asleep on line at the Unemployment Office.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also, I won't lie. When I know I gotta work the next day, I ain't playing games at night. Though I hate when I can't sleep cause I know I had a crummy day.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Part of the problem when you're quite a bit older than your hired help, occasionally you have to put your foot down when employees screw up. Fortunately the Subway I ran with my friend Jason, I took care of the inventory, sales reports, that stuff. Jason did the schedules, payroll, and the occasional firing. So he got to be the "bad guy", but he had no problem handling discipline.

One job I had since then, there was another manager my age (also named Jason). This Jason was in charge of the wait staff. But Jason was 40, most of the staff under him were high school/college age. And Jason let them get away with murder. Sometimes very little got done, but Jason never put his foot down.
Why?

Because Jason was so insecure, he wanted everyone to be his friend. If he wrote somebody up, they might not like him any more! So he let them walk all over him. And I tried explaining this to Jason. The kids might like you, but they do not RESPECT you. Big difference.
If you're so worried about what everyone thinks of you, or gaining everyone's approval, it's gonna make your job tough.
You can't have authority and not have a backbone.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I used my mom's credit card to go to the Pheasent lane mall to get two new pairs of shoes. I ended up getting nothing because both places asked for pin numbers on the machines, to which I thought it didn't have. So I drove all the way back home ****** off, my mom gave me an Amazon rewards card, and after cooling off for a bit, I drove back there and thankfully got the shoes.

Kinda mad I blew off gas, but, eh, at least I got my shoes.