1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What movie are you planning on, going to see?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ilikemuppets, May 26, 2008.

1. Pork Active Member

I'd like to see Coraline. When does it open in Australia does anybody know?
  2. Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh yeah! I here that is one of the best uses of 3D in a movie, yet!
  3. JJandJanice Active Member

Well I finally got to see "the Wrestler" and let me say it is a great movie. To anyone who didn't see it, go see it, I'm sure you'll love it. I also saw Caroline (in 3D, which made it all the more great) and that's another I totally love. I'm going to pick up both of these movies on DVD.

As for movies I'm planning to see, well so far in 2009 I'm looking forward to two Disney movies: The Princess and the Frog and Disney/Pixar's Up. I also might check out Dreamworks Monsters vs Aliens
  4. Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I have to check that one out too! I have restored faith in them after Kung Fu Panda! :)
  5. JJandJanice Active Member

You know I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda either, but I hear nothing but good things about it, so that's another one I need to add to my list of movies to see.

I'm not a huge Dreamworks fan, anyone who knows me, knows I'm a pretty big loyal Disney fan. I wasn't impressed with Sherk the thrid, Bee Movie, and Sharktale. So when Kung Fu Panda came out, I thought it was just another Dreamworks waste of time movie. But after hearing what I've been hearing about it and checking out more previews of that movie, I'm totally willing to give it a try, maybe I should go rent that movie tonight, :);)
  6. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

I haven't had any time to go to the movies lately, to be honest.

It won't be out for a while yet, but I'd love to go see the movie version of The Adventures of Tintin.

On a related note, I'm pretty pleased that I was able to dig up one of the DVDs of the Nelvana series while I was in New York on Friday afternoon; it's available in Canada but not so much here in the States.
  7. Ilikemuppets New Member

It's interesting, because that movie rivals the likes of Well-E in my opinion! But this really is a good movie and the best Dreamworks one that they have put out sense before Shrek.
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Me too, I felt. But they actually tried to make it a serious Kung Fu movie with NO pop culture references, NO fart jokes, and none of their usual shenanigans (other than the celebrity voice actors but that's par for the course, and they worked beautifully here).

Of course you'd be soured by those exact movies. Only reason someone can get into Bee Movie is if they're fans of Jerry Seinfeld's stand up (not the show Seinfeld... his actual stand up), since it's basically his stand up routine put into story form and animated. Shrek 3 was decent, but the whole Puss changing into Donkey and Vice versa went on waaaaay too long, and it just made the same basic jokes about how Donkey and Puss have a caustic relationship. And Shark Tale was a terrible idea to begin with, as it was one of Dreamworks' "Pixar did it, so we can do it with higher profile actors and a fake attitude" type pictures.

I'm planning on seeing Monsters VS Aliens, but so far, it doesn't look like it will impress me at all. Plus I think I'm gonna hate that blob thing for multiple reasons.
  9. Ilikemuppets New Member

10. ryhoyarbie Active Member

11. JJandJanice Active Member

I'm not a huge Dreamworks fan myself, as I mention I'm a loyal Disney fan. But I think I'll give this movie a shot
  12. Ilikemuppets New Member

I don't know? From the sound of it, it sounds like typical Dreamworks fodder to me... I'm just cautious.
  13. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Well my problem with animated movies now a days (or cgi kiddie movies now) is there isn't really a major story and the characters are thrown in trying to figure out something. But then again, I'm basing the new new kid movies on previous movies I've seen in the past, like The Lion King, Aladdin, An American Tail, etc.
  14. Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, I think people know where to find the good animated movies. It's just that for every god one out there, there are like twenty passive ones out there.

I'm suprised Coraline preformed as well as it did! It's not so muhc that it was a major release, it's that it's so muhc darker than a lot of the "kiddy fare" that's put there.
  15. JJandJanice Active Member

I love Carolina, that's an awesome movie I'm planning on buying
  16. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Saw the Monsters vs Aliens movie. It was pretty good. The movie is designed for kids, so I wasn't surprised by that much stuff.
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Monsters Vs Aliens. It still had the usual Dreamworks stuff in it, so I wasn't expecting Kung Fu Panda's quality.

I must also say, the movie doesn't really get funny (at least for me it didn't) until Steven Colbert's president came on screen. The 7 bucks alone is worth it for his performance... I had problems with Reese Witherspoon's character... she really seemed like a generic character, when the other monsters (Dr. Cockaroach and The Missing Link especially) were far more interresting... and better actors I might add... Reese just had a generic sounding voice... they could have just saved their money and gotten Grey Delise... she sounded like her.

But then of course we have the alien... and lemme tell you... The alien was every bit as hilarious as Steven Cobert. Rain Wilson REALLY hammed it up there. I'm thinking the Blob guy would be the most over rated character when it comes to publicity, cuz to me, the stars were Rainn Wilson and Colbert, no doubt. And Hugh Laurie was great too.

I liked it a lot more than I liked Shrek the Third and Bee movie... but not as much as Panda or Over the hedge (their best work). And I don't know what kind of kick they're on, not shoving poop and fart jokes into their movies, but I hope they can continue that streak.
  18. Xerus Active Member

I really liked Monsters Vs. Aliens. I think there should be a sequel or maybe a TV series. I can see so many stories with these characters.
  19. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I have a list:

Wolverine: Origins
    Terminator: Salvation
    Transformers 2
    Dragonball Evolution (shaddup ... I'm seeing it anyway)

I was HOPING to get Fraggle Rock ... but ... ugh ... it's not going to be this year. Grr.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I dunno why... I just wanna sneak into that movie, yell "IT'S OVER 9000!" at the top of my lungs and leave....:D