1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What movie are you planning on, going to see?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ilikemuppets, May 26, 2008.

1. ryhoyarbie Active Member

One movie I am not planning on seeing is the new Star Trek movie. It just doesn't look like a Star Trek movie to me.
  2. Pork Active Member

There's a new Star Trek movie?
  3. Kiki Active Member

ROFL! That's exactly what I wanted to do! :D

Yup, and it looks... really good actually!
  4. The Shoe Fairy Active Member

So far it's: Star Trek
    NATM2
    Astroboy.
  5. GOONZOTHECRUDE New Member

Thunderbirds Are Go and Thunderbird6.:cool:
  6. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Saw Wolverine yesterday. It was okay though I was getting a little bored with it. Plus I feel the same way with others that it just showed to many new characters in the film.
  7. Ilikemuppets New Member

I now see what you mean about Stark Trek movie, ryhoyarbie . Yuck! :p
  8. ryhoyarbie Active Member

So the previews don't make you want to see the new Star Trek movie?

Funny, all the people who don't like Star Trek want to see this new film even though they've never seen a Star Trek movie or episode. Something's not right here.....
  9. JJandJanice Active Member

You know I notice that as well, that is odd, isn't it. I'm not planning on seeing it anytime soon, but I was never a huge Star Trek fan myself.

I thinking Disney's Earth looks great, but I want to see almost all Disney movies minus Hanna Montana.
  10. ryhoyarbie Active Member

I really don't know why all of these people want to see the movie either, even though they've never seen one trek movie or episode. Makes me wonder why the new movie seems appealing to those newer people and the other movies didn't.
  11. Ilikemuppets New Member

They meant to do it because wanted to make it appealing to people who are not fans of Star Trek, because there is more money in dumbing things down, selling to the lowest common denominator instead of appealing to only Trekkies.
  12. Kiki Active Member

Hmm. Kinda wanted to see The Curious case of Benjamin Button, but I don't think it's screening anymore. *Shrug* I kinda liked the concept... Brad Pitt ageing backwards.

[Insert your own surgery gag here] :p
  13. ryhoyarbie Active Member

The Benjamine Button movie is now on dvd.
  14. Ilikemuppets New Member

15. Pork Active Member

16. JJandJanice Active Member

Yeah, but still it's doing good bussiness. Just like with X-men movies, the people (like myself) who read the comics didn't really care for the movies cause it's far off from the comics. Movie companies will do that cater to the more casual fan base instead of the more hardcore fan base, it's lame but that's the way it is.

Speaking of X-men though, I've been hearding mostly bad things about the new Wolverinie Origins movie, :sympathy:
  17. Kiki Active Member

I live in Aus, so it'll be out in a few months. -_-
  18. Pork Active Member

I've been trying to get feedback from people about it but nobody seems to have an opinion. I'm most likely going to see it on the w/e though...so I'll soon find out.
  19. ryhoyarbie Active Member

I'll give my opinion on the Wolverine movie since I saw it last week.

The movie is okay, nothing special. I would give it a grade of C.

However, although Hugh Jackman is good as Logan/Wolverine, and we get to see his past and growing up with his brother from the mid 1840's all the way into the early 1980's when the movie is set, the movie after that gets the misses.

If you're a major X-Men comic book fan, you're going to see a lot of things that shouldn't be in the movie, because they're not in the comics. Now I'm not a comic book guy, but the people who are and who saw the movie are complaining about Deadpool. They also don't like how the writers just threw in Gambit just for the heck of it. I guess I have to be one those people too because Gambit didn't really do anything.

There are a few mutants you will recognize towards the end, and there is a surprise cameo of another major mutant. But I won't ruin it for those who want to see it.

Overall, I'd give the movie a C.
  20. Ilikemuppets New Member

Didn't the Hulk make a cameo in this?