What Muppets scared you as a child?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Grrr!

Beauregard said:
Looks like the general concensus is "STADLER wins the scareist Muppet award!!!"

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Statler and Waldorf rule all and are not at all scary!!!!! NO! However, the door knocker is the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life! But boo to anyone who thinks he's scary outside of being a door knocker!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i didnt really like it when ralph nayder tore bob's sweater on the put down the duckie special (i saw it on tv when i was a kid).

but if bob said "this is terrible" when ralph tore his sweater...imagine what he'd say if ralph became president.

and no, i didnt say that i didnt like it just to say that joke.

Reaction score
The trash heap scared me, I know that she was nice but she looked creepy. I am so terrible. Actually the guy with the TNT :crazy: frighted the whiskers off of me when I was a kid.

Reaction score
Sylinde Bren said:
As a child, the Muppet that scared me most was Sweetums. HBO used to show 'The Frog Prince' special a lot and I used to get so scared when he started to try and club Robin and Kermit to death... -shiver-
I couldn't think of his name! Yeah he was terrifying.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
AbsorbedByPsych said:
The trash heap scared me, I know that she was nice but she looked creepy. I am so terrible. Actually the guy with the TNT :crazy: frighted the whiskers off of me when I was a kid.
crazy harry

McFraggle

Reaction score
Count freaked me out a little bit when I was younger. :crazy:

TashAndMe

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
It was in the '80s too.

And wonder no more, for I know who he is!

Really!

I do!

His name is "Vincent Twice, Vincent Twice", and he didn't actually sing that Alphabet song, it was an unseen male chorus. :smile:
Well, the timing is a little late on this, but I'll post it anyway. Sesame Street did indeed have a skit called Mysterious Theatre hosted by Vincent Twice, Vincent Twice, but the aforementioned alphabet song is from a totally different skit altogether. The alphabet song is from a skit called Alphabet Chat and the host sitting by the fireplace was known as A.B. Chatterly. The theme song was sung by his puppeteer, Jerry Nelson, along with the late great Richard Hunt, another great puppeteer for Sesame Street. Hope this clears everything up.

superfan

Reaction score
The ghosts that swirled around Crystal Gayle in TMS literally made me run upstairs crying. And also on TMS was that silver and black creature with the long pointed beak thing and the black holes for eyes. He creeped me out.
Then there was a skit in SS that was about the ocean and this creepy low monotone voice sang about it in French. Then the camera would go underwater and show the sea anenomes waving all around. *shudder*

My cousin used to hide behind the chair when the intor to Muppet News Flash came on.