What Muppets scared you as a child?

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
As a little kid there were only a few muppet scetches that scared me

the worm skit (I think we all know what I'm talking about here)

"Hugga Wugga"- you know my sister loved this skit and thought it was funny but that thing just freeked me out. frankly I still find it disturbing today! Though I suppose it evens out since she was terrified of teh Sesame Street martians (yep yep yep...) but I loved them and still do.

Ernie and Bert in the pyramid with the livign mummy case. (now that is just plain spooky)

In retropsect there were several skits that probably would have scared me when I was younger but I didn't see them till I was older and not so easily frightened.

For example; the Pigs in Space skit where Big Mamma eats Ms. Piggy. As a little kid that probably would have scared me. But when I saw it the first time I laughed my head off. (I'd wanted to see Piggy get her comeupence for so long!)

kitncaboodle

Reaction score
Hey, it's not too late to reply to this, is it? Too bad, I'm replying anyway!

I think the Muppet that scared me the most as a kid would be that Don Music fellow. I figured the only reason he took his frustration out on himself was because no one else was in reach. And that, given the chance, he would come after me next. ::shudder!:: Good to know I'm not alone on this!

Also, Hugga Wugga creeped me out for pretty much the same reasons.

Whatever

Reaction score
kitncaboodle said:
Hey, it's not too late to reply to this, is it? Too bad, I'm replying anyway!
It's never too late to reply to a thread! I'm always reviving old threads!

Jonathan

Reaction score
None of The Muppets realy scared me... But when I saw the Audrey II on Little Shop of Horrors.....Its kinda hard to talk about!!

pennyring

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
...since I loved watching the Muppets so much, I would even stay for the scarier and more disturbing parts. In this way, I think the Muppets may have helped me conquer some childhood fears.
Definitely agreed! Because of Sesame Street and the Muppets, I was never afraid of monsters. Monsters are our friends! They're soft and furry and cute and friendly. They might look a little menacing, but really they just want a big hug. Nothing to be afraid of there. :smile:

The scary creatures in the closet, under the bed and outside my window were kidnappers and alligators, not furry loveable monsters.

EvanHooperfan said:
As a kid I had nightmares of that green muppet who wore a trench coat and black hat and tried to sell Ernie letters on the Street. His name I think was Lefty, and he had an aspirated voice. He'd say, "psst Ernie, would you like to buy an 'O'.
This is my one muppet fear too!! In fact, my mom even brought him up on Thanksgiving. "Remember that Muppet on Sesame Street that used to make you cry?" Ahhhhh the man that wanted me to put the Golden An in the Tan Van!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :eek: He's a freaky sneaky little dude. Certainly up to no good. At least Stan the man gave him fifteen years in the can for stealing the Golden An. We can all breathe a sigh of relief for that!

Jonathan

Reaction score
When I was Little had a very disturbing reacuring dream about The Muppets. I was the guest star on The Muppet Show and just before the show Kermit told us there was a monster who was eating every one and he told me to take Robin and hide in the balcony. So I hid Robin and then I leaved Robin in the balcony, and whent backstage and the monster (wich was a white Sweadoms) had all The Muppets in a big Jar and was pulling them out one, by and and eating them. Then I when to the balcony to tell Robin what happend but when I got there all that was there was a pile of bones. Then I looked at the celing and Kermit was hanging himselve! Then the monster came and ate me!!
That dream still comes back every now and then! :embarrassed: :eek:

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Wow this thread is still going, anyhoo,
All the life size muppets used to scare me apart from sweetums!
It was all the bad quality ones!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd Revive This Old Thread!

One of the last ladies I worked with on a past temp job said she was always scared of the Muppets as a kid. I understood when she cited Sweetums, but she included Big Bird in the mix. She might as well included sunshine and her own shadow in the list of scary things! :stick_out_tongue:

I used to find Uncle Deadly a little creepy, but Muppets never scared me as a kid. Some of the Muppet Show guest stars, however...(no names).

Okay, the Skeksis from Dark Crystal were scary. :eek:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I used to be terrified of Beaker, I got nervous everytime I saw him on the screen, lol. I think the long head looked kinda creepy (at least to me) and then also I think as a small child I was confused as to why he couldn't talk "properly."

But I don't mind him as much now. In fact, a few months ago I had a bizarre dream where I was at a school and I had dated both Beaker and Bunsen at different times (yeah...::shrugs:: don't know where THAT came from! Lol). A one point in class, Beaker turned around and smiled at me (which was interesting considering the shape his mouth is normally in). It was sort of scary at first, but then it was nice. In a strange way it was like coming full circle, like it's OK to be friends now. :eek: :smile: