What should the next muppet movie be about?

MrsWembly

Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to write the script for the next muppet movie, what would the plot be? Any takers? :confused:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I don't have anything specific in mind, but generally I'd like it to star the Muppets as themselves, interacting roughly in the same continuity that The Muppet Show set up, much like The Muppet Movie and Muppets From Space did.

And Beauregard would be in it.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Regardless of how you may feel about MFS, it was cool to have a Muppet movie focus around someone other then Kermit and Piggy. Now that Bill Baretta is doing such an amazing job with some of Jim's old characters (and the fact that he's my favorite current Muppeteer), I'd like to see a Rowlf story.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A Rowlf story would be awesome!

Have you noticed, though, IAVMMCM was really the first Muppet project since Jim's death that centered around Kermit. In both MCC and MTI, I think the two main Muppets were Gonzo and Rizzo.

I wrote a story for a movie about Scooter. I even started the script! HA HA! It was based on the "Six-Stringed Orchestra" number from The Muppet Show.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well, MTI and MCC were based more around human characters more then anything, and it really only starred the Muppets, they weren't really themselves (except for Gonzo and Rizzo like you said).

But a Scooter movie? I'd definately pay money to see that!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How about a sport movie, with the Muppets forming either a basketball, baseball, or football team? Or maybe they can play a sport that doens't get as much movie exposure, like Golf, Tennis, or Bowling. It would probably be a challenge to have the Muppets actually play sports in a movie.

Or, considering how memorable that the bicycle scenes in the first two movies were, how about a Muppet bicycle movie? Maybe Kermit, Miss Piggy, and a few others could be involved in a bike race, or they could be riding their bikes one day and sudenly get involved in an adventure, needing to use their bikes? A variety of effects could be used (radio controlled Muppets on bikes, the old-fashioned marionette way, the way it was done in the Ford Hybrid commercial, blue screen technology, minimum computer-animated Mupepts). There aren't very many bicycle movies.

Or maybe a Muppet version of The Three Muskateers, with Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo in the lead. Or a Muppet version of The Prince and the Pauper (though Kermit would have to portray a child, unless a human plays the title roles and Kermit only gets a supporting role).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, Mickey Mouse did the Prince and the Pauper without being a child. So did Barbie (though that's probably not the best example!) It's still possible. :smile:

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I wrote a story for a movie about Scooter. I even started the script! HA HA! It was based on the "Six-Stringed Orchestra" number from The Muppet Show.
You should post it Scooter!
:wink:

pepestarr

Reaction score
I would like to see a story which is new, not based on any novels or anything as in the last decade, three of the movies have been based around other novels.