What show did you look fwd to watching when you stayed homw when you sick

Teheheman

Reaction score
No but I remember the commercials. Those kids have to be like 30 by now. Or at least 30ish, maybe even 40.

Daniel

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I kinda hate to admit it but where I am Dr Phil airs at 12pm. It's my guilty pleasure...
At the rate I'm going hopefully I will be able to go to school on Monday. If not, Meh. All the more SST for me!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Last time I checked, the only exploitative talk shows I've seen are Jerry Springer, Jerry Springer's Bodyguard, and Maury Povich.
Yeah, I mean those are the main culprits that are on now. And yeah, Maury has the same five kinds of episodes if that many. There's one for each day of the week. And I can not hate on Springer, because he knows what's up and doesn't try to pretend like it's something else or something better... He just runs with it.

Wow... someone else who remembers the bizarre stuff PBS used to run during noontime off and on in the 80's... and a couple months in the 90's too.
Yeah, I know of way too many odd PBS shows from back than... I have a station that runs a lot of them including a new Slim Good Body. I had no idea he was still doing this. :eek:

I kinda hate to admit it but where I am Dr Phil airs at 12pm. It's my guilty pleasure...
Yeah, I think he's just another daytime TV Jerk, IMHO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I think he's just another daytime TV Jerk, IMHO.
You know what I like? When he does those episodes about the "Mega Moochers." Never has their been such blatant hypocrisy on television, considering he'd be just some quack trying to open a pseudo-psychology clinic in a strip mall without Oprah giving him his own show. Yeah, he's clearly not mooching off her. :rolleyes:

Anyone notice that a lot of Daytime talk shows lately are complete and utter flops? Like the Greg Berent show, which lasted 2 years... that's 2 years longer than I thought it would... and then there was Keith Ablow... dropped by everyone a year in.... reruns for the 2 remaining affiliates the next year. And then there was some truely brutal stuff.... like Pat Croche Moving In (and apparently not trying to copy Dr. Phil at all)...

Kiki

Reaction score
At the rate I'm going hopefully I will be able to go to school on Monday. If not, Meh. All the more SST for me!
I'm the same. Lol, I watch Dr. Phil sometimes as well. I don't agree with some of the things he says at times, but some episodes are just so dumb ("Girly Husbands... THEY CLEAN!") and shocking that ya just can't look away...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I'm the same. Lol, I watch Dr. Phil sometimes as well. I don't agree with some of the things he says at times, but some episodes are just so dumb ("Girly Husbands... THEY CLEAN!") and shocking that ya just can't look away...
Lol. I am so jealous of my sister right now, she has the cold I got on a WEEKEND and has had 2 days off school :mad:. So she gets to watch TV all day. Dissapointingly, ABC won't air season 39 yet like I thought, cause they have almost finished 38 and announced some shows in the current SS timeslot for next week.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Lol. I am so jealous of my sister right now, she has the cold I got on a WEEKEND and has had 2 days off school :mad:. So she gets to watch TV all day. Dissapointingly, ABC won't air season 39 yet like I thought, cause they have almost finished 38 and announced some shows in the current SS timeslot for next week.
Yeah, I here you guys are a year behind us for some reason. But if you get a chance, I think you'll really love the Season premier, "Texes Telly & The Golden Tryangle". That episode is just epic!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I don't really remember watching TV, I was all about movies. Some included:

Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Summer Vacation
Jetsons: The Movie
Fantasia
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Yeah, I here you guys are a year behind us for some reason. But if you get a chance, I think you'll really love the Season premier, "Texes Telly & The Golden Tryangle". That episode is just epic!
Too bad I won't see it YET. Season 38 is ending and they are Not going to show 39 yet. Besides, I should ask around, someone will have it in a mp4 form round here...