1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What sketches scared you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Jennifer, May 12, 2002.

1. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

haven't seen any of them (except the "keep fishin" video!)

anyways, i think i'm the only one here that was afraid of Spaceship Surprise
  2. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

gee, this Shalom Sesame sounds pretty disturbing. are you still afraid of it?
  3. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

that's weird. was he looking directly into the camera???
  4. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

don't diss harvey!

anyways, i see why they got rid of Lefty. the producers must have come to realize that the shouldn't have a muppet that represents a DRUG DEALER
  5. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

if they did that with Cookie Monster, try playing some Napalm Death (not for your little sister, OH H-LL NO!) sure, they kinda suck but the lead singer sounds just like cookie. well, so do all the other death metal singers
  6. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

i havent seen it but reading it was quite disturbing. but hey, A BIRD and an ELEPHANT - sounds like another sesame duo we all know! even though it's not techinally an 'elephant'.
  7. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

that's weird. was he looking directly into the camera??? and maybe they used that sign for the beginning of the "Wet Paint" song! that song's rad, and it has cow puppets and COW PUPPETS RULE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

I know it's been 5 monthes, and i know i should shut up, but what were you doing up at 4:30 AM????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

Re: Re: the number one sesame sketch that scared me

(in a Gladys the Cow voice) - HUMOROUS! just HUMOROUS!!!
  10. mikealan

mikealan New Member

There was something surreal and terrible of the Sesame Street characters on the photos of GOOGLE.

There are alot of photos where Bert is evil (I don't like the evil Bert, but I love the original Bert!)

There was a HORRIBLE SS photo I ever saw-it was where Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Grover and Elmo becoming evil! On this photo, Ernie looked angry holding a knife, Bert looked angry too drinking the beer, Grover smoking, Elmo looked evil holding a gun and Cookie looked evil (does his eyes looked like Sam's?) holding a gun, too.

"Sesame Street was brought to you by the letter bong!"

Many weeks ago, I saw that surreal and strange and animated skit (which the SS haters created it) where Big Bird (wearing a ray gun, drinks beer and smokes three joints!) and Kermit (which he's smoking and had the voice of Baby Kermit!) get stoned, and Elmo's in it with a hydrotic needle near his mouth...it was the Sesame Street (Stoned) skit. In the beginning of this skit, we see Guy Smiley smoking as the kids sang "Can you tell me how to get Sesameo Street?" Maybe somebody on the skit said "Sesameo Street" instead of "Sesame Street".

These photos and this animation did not scare me, but were you guys scared of these including the Sesame Street (Stoned) animation?
  11. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

it was Sesimilla Street
  12. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Where is that animation located? I've only heard of it in audio form.
  13. mikealan

mikealan New Member

That animation can be found on the site that features movies and animations. That features Kermit smoking and Big Bird smoking joints! I do not recall what the site is that features movies and animations.
  14. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

15. mikealan

mikealan New Member

When I play this animation, it made me laugh inappropriately!
    And, of course, it did sound terrible. I do NOT want Muppets smoking and doing bad stuff! They're puppets, duh!
  16. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

sesimilla street was pretty funny but i............HEY! What about the sketches that scared us as KIDS?
  17. mikealan

mikealan New Member

I'm sorry, you guys! I thought if you were scared of the surreal SS episode animation as a teen.

Now, do you remember the other skit?
    I saw someone talking about it on Yesterdayland...

It was where Big Bird dreams that he's a six-inch-size canary and the two mean Muppets want him to be fed by a cat and suddenly, a LIVE cat arrives to eat Big Bird!

This did not scare me...but is anyone else scared of that as a kid???
  18. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

well, this thread really died...

i was sort of afraid of the part in the Muppet Movie at the bar where Fozzy was wearing a fake beard. he just looked different.
  19. scarygeorge

scarygeorge New Member

the Twin Beaks sketch freaked me out, ughhhh. I love it now, but way back then......weird!!
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

My friend didn't like Twin Beaks as well. I kinda agree, but at the time, it was one of the few refferences I actually got! I mean, they had two beaks, and it looked like they had two parts of a face smushed together, and they only had one eye per beak.... maaaaaaaaaaaan!