What was the last DVD you bought and why?

anytimepally

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke.. because I have trouble not buying Paul Newman movies, salad dressings, cookies, popcorn, etc. whenever I see them :smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke.. because I have trouble not buying Paul Newman movies, salad dressings, cookies, popcorn, etc. whenever I see them :smile:
LOL! Newman's Own popcorn is definitely one of my favorite popcorns, if not my all-time fave...and his lemonades are delicious too.

Cool Hand Luke is a great flick, btw!:wink:

I'm waiting to pick up the two-disc SE of Orson Welles's Touch of Evil...you get three different versions of the film: the original 1958 studio cut that was taken out of Welles's hands and butchered by Universal; the 108-minute preview cut; and the 1998 restored version, which adheres closer to Welles's original vision, based on the legendary memo he wrote to the studio, begging them to listen to him; this is not a director's cut. It's a close approximation of what Welles intended.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I got a "Fishtale" on DVD just a few days ago. It's about a mermaid and i love mermaids to death. I just would love to have my very own mermaid. And that's why i bought it.

Also i thought i would mention that everyone who bought the "PowerPuff Girls" on DVD (as in season one) I read on TVSHOWSONDVD.com that that Warner Home Video is putting out a "The Powerpuff Girls - Complete Anniversary Set coming out for its 10 years Anniversary. Here's the link.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Powerpuff-Girls-Anniversary-Collector-Set/10552

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Just got Duckman seasons 1 & 2 on DVD today!:smile: Such a great show! and a season 3 & 4 set is already announced to come out!:smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ooh! This is awesome news! I can't wait!:excited:
Yes me too. Can't wait myself.
Zack the Dog said:
Just got Duckman seasons 1 & 2 on DVD today! :smile: Such a great show! and a season 3 & 4 set is already announced to come out! :smile:
I don't know if i'll get this or not. I did watch it back when it aired but i don't know. I just can't think. Maybe down the line i'll pick it up. Oh well it's still a pretty funny seires.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I got a "Fishtale" on DVD just a few days ago. It's about a mermaid and i love mermaids to death. I just would love to have my very own mermaid. And that's why i bought it.

Also i thought i would mention that everyone who bought the "PowerPuff Girls" on DVD (as in season one) I read on TVSHOWSONDVD.com that that Warner Home Video is putting out a "The Powerpuff Girls - Complete Anniversary Set coming out for its 10 years Anniversary. Here's the link.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Powerpuff-Girls-Anniversary-Collector-Set/10552
Man I totally want that, that's totally going on my list of DVD's I want to buy.

But the last DVD's I bought were "Meet the Robinsons" though I've never seen it and have yet to see it. But I probably will soon.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Man I totally want that, that's totally going on my list of DVD's I want to buy.

But the last DVD's I bought were "Meet the Robinsons" though I've never seen it and have yet to see it. But I probably will soon.
Let us know how 'Meet the Robinsons' was. I've been kicking about buying a copy. I love the coffee addicted woman in that with those coffee patches. Hehehe. Reminds me of ... me!

Actually, my last DVD was a version of 'Gulliver's Travels' (Not the one with Ted Dansen), but with some other actor who was acting with a bunch of cartoon figures. It was made in the 70's if that gives you any idea. I love the satire, and so I've started collecting various versions of that. Sadly, the one I've seen advertised here at this site isn't available over here, which makes me mad! Oh well, maybe Ebay has it. :big_grin:

vaati64

Reaction score
on tuesday, I bought according to jim season one and family guy volume 6. Why? because I can! lol

Erine81981

Reaction score
I've been meaning to get back on here to tell everyone what's new on my DVD shelves.

Beavis and Butthead Vol. 1 (Just because i grew up watching the show even if it was stupid)

Smurfs Vol. 2 (Enjoyed them growing up and enjoying them now plus i have the first one too)

The Blue Elephant (it looked cute. So i bought it and really enjoyed it. I didn't buy it because of it having Jim Henson's name on it but it's still a cute little movie)

Abby in Wonderland (and if i've already mentioned oh well. Bought this when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Cute special)

Elmo's Christmas Countdown (Enjoyed it when i first saw it and wanted to add it to my collection.