What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Great Mouse Detective: Mystery in the Mist Edition - My video of it broke and I love it to no end. Plus, it didn't hurt that Meijer had it on 'just released' sale.

Yeah... I had no money, but I saw it and I didn't even realize they had planned to re-release it at all. It's not like one of the princess movies or major classics they have to put in and take out of the "vault" every 10 years. Though, the special features look pretty bare.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Yeah... I had no money, but I saw it and I didn't even realize they had planned to re-release it at all. It's not like one of the princess movies or major classics they have to put in and take out of the "vault" every 10 years. Though, the special features look pretty bare.
I saw they were going to re-release it in the little booklet that came with The Princess and the Frog, along with the discovery that they're coming out with a Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition. :excited:

Yeah, a short featurette on the making, a game, a sing-along song and what are basically commercials for Blu-ray and Disney DigitalCopy are pretty bad bonus features. :attitude:

I don't really get why they feel the need to "vault" their movies. What's the point of it? :confused:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Moving right along...:embarrassed:

I just got:

Alien: Resurrection - For which to complete my collection of Alien movies.

Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost - 'Tis my personal favorite of the direct to video Scooby movies and Meijer had it for seven dollars.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I've ordered Season 2 of Breaking Bad, It hasn't aired here yet but I am expecting my DVDs to arrive today :big_grin:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Got the entire Futurama Seasons and movies for free from my friend just cause he said i could have it

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I found these DVDs super cheap, for only ten bucks each....

Comdey Central's TV Funhouse- I just bought this cause I remember it from High School. The puppetry in this show is awful to say the least, but it's an amusing show none the less. Plus I own the best of Saturday TV Funhouse on SNL and the best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, seemed like a more complete collection with this set. Robert Simguel is no Jim Henson with the puppetry, but his work is pretty darn funny overall.

King of the Hill: Season 1- I'm a fan of Mike Judge and needless to say King of the Hill has a better set of DVDs than Beavis and Butt-Head, :rolleyes:. It's a good show.

Duckman: Seasons one and two- I was nine years old when this show came out and watched it, even back than I knew it was a show I shouldn't be watching, :smile:. I couldn't pass up buying this with that low price. It does bring me back a little to a time when USA was a totally different channel than today.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Godspell. I was on Thanksgiving break with my boyfriend's family and I spotted it in a store in Des Moines. I'd been looking for it for a while to no avail so I jumped at the chance. It's one of my favorite musicals ever.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Godspell is a great musical! I really enjoyed watching it- except for me as a Christian, it was one of those movies where I didn't know if I should be laughing or kinda offended. LOL:smile:
But nonetheless, the Gospel does get across and Jesus' parables and the Sermon on the Mount come across in a very colorful way. I do wish they had done more on the Resurrection of Christ. But I do love the "Day by Day" song- that was great!
Anyway, the last DVD I bought was ALF Seasons 1-4 because I found them for a great deal a while back.

vaati64

Reaction score
According To Jim: The Complete Second Season

It's about time that ABC and Lionsgate released ATJ season 2. I only hope this means that they are going to release the rest of the series on DVD.

muppet baby

Reaction score
The facts of life season 4 so glad to have the facts of life season 4 been waiting since 03 for this season i have bought 1-3 it is my all time faverite comdey series next to Home impovment . this was a part of my child hood and is on my good time and bad time Tv list . i got it on release date shipping at amazon.com Can not wait to watch the rest of the season tomrow after bible class yppee.:excited::smile::excited: