What was the last DVD you bought and why?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" - because it's totally awesome! I LOVE the C.S. Lewis series of books- "The Chronicles of Narnia" is such a great series- I read them as a kid and recently reread them- they are great stories that also convey such great truth. As a Christian, I can easily see so many Biblical parallels in these books. And the movies have done a great job of portraying that- particularly in explaining the passion of Jesus Christ- how He died on the cross for the sins of the world and rose again- which I just recently celebrated at Easter!:smile:
So I definitely wanted to get the movie on DVD- and it was pretty cool that I had a gift certificate from Christmas that I hadn't used yet that let me get it for free.:big_grin:
I hope to see the rest of the books get made into movies soon! "The Magician's Nephew" is supposed to be next up for Walden Media.:super:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
SpongeBob - The Complete Third Season: Because - A. I love SpongeBob, B. It's the last good season before the movie and C. it's the last good season I need

Mr. Warmth - The Don Rickles Project: Because I love Don Rickles!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I have way too many DVD's on pre-order on Amazon...

The Illusionist - the French animated movie that was up for Best Animated Feature this past year at the Oscars. I got to see it in theaters the weekend after Oscar nominees were announced and I loved it. Absolutely brilliant, beautiful hand-drawn animation, really see it.

Rocko's Modern Life: Season 1 - I've been waiting years for a release like this. It better be good.

The Best of Sesame Spoofs - Obvious reasons. :wisdom:

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Pretty Woman (1990): Pretty woman, walking down the street...

White Christmas (1954): I just bought it randomly, though I would like to see it this Christmas! :smile:

Also, they're both on video. XPPP

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Follow That Bird - I love the movie, it's a real classic, so when I found it at Target, I bought it!

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
Just bought these on Blu-ray:

Let the Right One In (the Swedish vampire flick)
Jackie Brown
Pan's Labyrinth

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The PJs: Season 1- This was an "early" father's day gift for my father. He loves that show, personally, I never cared for it very much.

South Park: Season 14- Now a show that I do enjoy, very much, I have all 14 seasons on DVD that have been released so far. Sadly the episode "201" is still very edited. As a side note, when viewing this DVD set, I noticed in the episode "Cream Fraiche" that when the boys go into a music room there is a poster of Animal (though blue instead of red) in the background with the text of "Go Wild." :halo: