What was the last DVD you bought and why?

muppet baby

Reaction score
My dad bought home improvement season 3 for being down and sick so i would laugh i love that show so much it really makes me laugh i am so happy to be collecting this show it makes me laugh good times and bad lol . never missed a episode when this show was in the organal years of airing :smile:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Howard The Duck - Because I'm a fan of irreverent 80's movies, and Lea Thompson.

Harry and the Hendersons - I'm a fan of Rick Baker's makeup effects work.

Wallace and Gromit: The Complete Collection - It never occurred to me to look on the kid's shelf for them. (But now I have two Matter of Loaf and Death discs. (Oh, well))

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie - Because I like things that live in pie-napples.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: 2-Disc Special Edition - I'm a sucker for behind the scenes bonus features.

The Emperor's New Groove - I'm running out of reasons.

Mars Attacks - Tim Burton! I say no more!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Man since it's actually been awhile since I post ANYTHING on this fourm, sadly. I've bought a ton of DVDs. But here's the list, as it were...

My Neighbor Totoro- To be honest, I'm a newer fan of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's work, but I've enjoyed and totally LOVED anything I've seen so far. This is one I've been waiting for a little while now and it was on my "must have" list when I saw Disney was rereleasing it.

Monsters vs Aliens-Because it's a pretty darn entertaining animated movie and lord knows this is coming from a big Disney fan. So big ups to Dreamworks, though my favorite movie from Dreamworks is still Kung Fu Panda.

Horton Hears A Who!- This would be the original 2D animated one and not the CGI one starring Jim Carry. Reason I bought it, it was only 3 bucks, :smile:. I've actually never seen it before, but thought it looked like something I would enjoy. And I was right.

The Powerpuff Girls Movie- Because since I'm a happy owner of the complete series, I figure this was the last piece of the total history that was needed for PPG. My favorite is still Bubbles.

Disney's The Princess and the Frog-Because I totally LOVED this movie. I bought the Blu-Ray, DVD, Digital copy 3 disc set. I bought it at Target, which also come with this little coin purse thing, which I'll never use since I'm a dude. But anyway I bought this the day it come out. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this movie.

Ponyo-2 disc DVD set. I bought the one that come with a collectable plush...because I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. Interesting note though, when I got it, it actually said on a sticker that it comes with a Blu ray of the movie as well as a DVD. But it was actually just a two disc DVD. Which is cool.

Alvin and the Chipmunks- This would be the CGI movie. I bought it used as a gift for my three year old nephew, whom just turned three, as a late B-Day gift. Since it was used though, and therefore already opened, I did check out a feature in there titled "Chip-Chip-Hooray" which about the history of the Chipmunks, and I really enjoyed that special feature, though it was a bit shorter than I would of liked. Anyhow, my nephew really liked it, which I figured he would since I also had to give him my copy of the animated classic "The Chipmunk Adventure," now I'm on the lookout for a replacement copy for myself of that one, :wink:.

Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series- Pretty much for the same reason, everyone else that mention buying this on the fourm did. I own the complete original series, so like the Powerpuff Girls, I figured might as well owned the rest of that show's history. Great cartoon, with GREAT voice acting, like Rob Paulsen and Townsend Colemen.

vaati64

Reaction score
Disney Classic Toby Tyler

Got this one on Saturday @ the Disney Studios store @ the D23 event.

Quesal

Reaction score
off eBay, I got a japanese movie called "Kamen Rider Den-O: Final Countdown" because I have the characters that are in the film on other DVDs of mine and they are so amusing! Like stooges or something HA!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I have recently gotten:

Chicken Run - I like Aardman Animations and the stuff they do and I'd been looking for it for quite a while, plus Meijer only had two copies on the shelf and the disc had come loose in one of them.

Anastasia: 2-Disc Family Fun Edition - It's a fun movie (I think Rasputin is one of the greatest animated villains EVER!) and I just can't say no to a 2-disc edition!

Monty Python: The Other British Invasion - 2 very good documentaries in one set, I love Monty Python. Case closed.

vaati64

Reaction score
Robin Williams: Weapons of Self Destruction

I watched this one on HBO when it originally aired, back when we had our 3 month free trial. It was a bit of a problem getting this one at my local Bestbuy, though.

vaati64

Reaction score
The Office: The BBC Series

Got this one after watching the series on Hulu.