What will Disney do with Muppet Babies?

Drtooth

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
Muscles was a great 80's toy line it stood for millions of universaly small creatures lurking everywhere. they were small pink little figures that were huge in the 80s they were like tiny intergalatic wrestlers

here is a pic

http://www.newellsystems.com/muscle/collecting/images/fourpack.jpg

arnt they the coolest i wish they would bring them back
To further expand on the idea.....

MUSCLE was based on Kinnikuman, a japanese manga and cartoon series which was originally a satire on their own "Ultraman" (Much like The Tick and Darkwing Duck being satires of American Superheroes). Down the line, they changed the comic's plot from Kinnikuman being a bad super hero to a wrestler. The cartoon was too violent for America back in the 80's, and was breifly shown in Europe, before a Character who was a Nazi (BTW, the characters were international stereotypes) caused so much controversy it was cancelled.

The idea was brought back in 1997, when the original creators decided to make a sequal of the series, Focusing on Kinnikuman's son, Kid Muscle (this is going to sound a bit familiar to some people). It was made into a cartoon in 2001, but flopped (the animation company moved alot around, and made everything a bit more juvenile) in Japan. It was brought over here in 2002, and called "Ultimate Muscle" which was a pretty good show... I liked it. They also, maxdrive, brought a toy line over here
Back in 2002 These didn't do too well, and although 12 sets were produced, only 4 were sold nationally in America.

For more info, check out www.kinnikuman.com

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I only have very vague memories of them M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. I had forgotten all about them. Now that takes me back a bit.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
they were pink you bought 5 or so in a foil pack or 25 cents in a gumball machine

yep i loved them

McFraggle

Reaction score
I remember when they used to put them in "Nestle's Quik."

maxdrive

Reaction score
yeah they had soem that were exclusive to quik even had a spceal school deal where they gave out tubes of them to chidren at schools

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think I might vaguely remember the school thing. :smile: