What will happen...?

RedDragon

Reaction score
A poem for your enjoyment:

What will happen when the forum is gone?
Where will everybody go?
What will everybody do?

What will happen when the forum grows still?
Will anyone know or care?
How can a place that feeds off posts survive if there are no posts to eat?

What will happen when the forum turns out its lights?
Will it make a sound or stay silent lurking in the darkness of the unknown?
What monsters lurk in those shadows?

What will happen when we all leave?
Will the forum fall into a void?
Will the forum just disappear?

What will happen when the forum dies?
Will it be reborn?
Will it rest in peace?

What will happen when the forum comes undone?
Will there be pieces left?
Will we be here to see it?

What will happen when the darkness comes?
Will it take the forum by surprise?
Will it fight the forum face to face?

Where will everybody go?
What will everybody do?

I created this poem to ask the questions that everybody asks themselves at one point or another. These questions are often asked and can be asked about many different topics. The answer is this:no one will know until it happens so sit back and watch the show.

Now I give this thread to you. You can comment on my poem. Or speculate on the answers to these questions. Or come up with poems of your own, about any topic, and post them here. So have fun, and live life to the fullest. :smile:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Actually RD, that's pretty darn fine poetry. May as well try to create one of my own. This one will be closer to that idiot style of poetry preferred by your English teacher, the one with no rhymes and a whack of metaphors. Oh, and this is a full on parody.

So, you've stumbled onto
this little
piece of heaven that
they call MC. What
do they mean by MC?
Is this code? Is it perhaps
a word for
the societal
climate?
Maybe it's harmless, or maybe
It's a monster waiting to eat, or
maybe it's nothing.
the only way to
Know The Truth
is to try it out
and on for size.

-Liam O'Keefe

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not a bad poem! As a matter of fact, I haven't asked myself any questions, but then again, I've always expected MC to still be here.

RedDragon said:
Where will everybody go?
What will everybody do?
That's exactly what the people of TV Tome are asking, it'll be gone within the week or so, then's I'll start the second Great Depression.

That Announcer

Reaction score
TV-Tome is dying out? What's going on, DS? Can't say I follow TV Tome's forum too much, but I'm on there to check the Penn & Teller ep guides often.

RedDragon

Reaction score
That's a great poem TA.

And D'S like I said these questions can be asked about anything.
Most people ask them about death.

But anyway I'm glad you liked my poem.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments there, RD. We just had a poem like that on our English exam, and I really, really hate that writing style. Oh, and this reminds me of a quote:

"What- you expecting iambic pentameter?" -Cookie Monster

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
TV-Tome is dying out? What's going on, DS? Can't say I follow TV Tome's forum too much, but I'm on there to check the Penn & Teller ep guides often.
Well, it's a long story, but here it is: John Nestoriak, the TV Tome webmaster sold out to C|Net a while back, which means THEY call the shots. They've decided to shut down TV Tome, and open up their new tv.com. The website (not in just my opinion, but in 80% of the Tomers' opinions), the new site is MUCH too complicated, very cluttered, and not very well organized. The only thing they really take pride in is their "fancy new forum". Thankfully, a fellow TV Tome editor is starting a new TV Tome replica called TVPalace.Net, for Tomers who refuse to make the move. If you ever think about become an editor for a show you love, you might want to check it out when the site is up and running (he's predicting he'll have it done in about a month or so).

That Announcer

Reaction score
Odd story. I just checked out TV.com, and the only thing in my mind that makes it superior to TV Tome is that I could find no pop-up ads.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't ever have any pop ups on TV Tome. But oh well, we all have our opinions.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Really? I could swear I got some there at one point or another. Of course, I was never a member, so I dunno if that makes a difference. Perhaps...