1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What Would You Like to See on SST?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Is there anything that you would want to see on Sesame Street? Two things I'd like to see are the brick wall location (when was the last time a sketch took place there?) and a new Super Grover sketch; we see him all the time on the street, so why can't he appear in new segments other than the Letter of the Day sketch he appeared in?
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I'm fine with the way things are, so there is really nothing I would like to see.
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I'd like to see Monsterpiece Theater come back, even without Cookies pipe :).
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Ditto. I'd also like to see the singers--Hoots and The Oinker Sisters, for instance--come back too.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Bullwinkle! :D
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Poor Hoots..he was a good character :)
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, with Elmo confined to his segment mainly, Hoots could conceivably return.
  8. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

New segments with Bip Bippadotta!
  9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I would like to see Alice, Snuffy's little sister, return to the show. :super:
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I'd just like to see any Snuffleupagus's return!
  11. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

I want some older characters to get re-introduced, if its possable (through either old sketches/songs or newer material). Like the Honkers, or Hoots.
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It seems like they are slowly working Hoots back into the show.
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Good. I wonder if they'd re-do "Put Down the Duckie"?
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Who knows. They redo songs all the time...
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

As long as it was just the song, and not the whole show:excited:. That was an our generation sort of one IMHO :)
  16. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I'd want to see Barkley, Alice, and Around the Corner return.:coy:
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well I would really like to see Alice return too. She is alway in the Thanksgiving parade every year and so is Barkley.
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Barkley :D! I miss him so much! And really, how hard is it to fit a dog back into things? Having a pet is one of those timeless things there is always room for :)!
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't see why they'd have to. It looks modern enough... and they use Jim Henson Ernie skits all the time. I wonder why they never reran the non-celebrity version (A, it's dated and B, all those conflicting rights they'd have to pay) during JTE...

And if they remake old songs, I wanna see them similar to Rubber Duckie and La La La... they use the original, pre-existing audio and film new footage. I would LOVE to see them do that with Cookie and Herry singing about Circles... would be a nice way to bring the character back.
  20. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Muppets: Almost any character who wasn't retired for being "dated"; Mumford and Herry are my particular favorites, with Little Bird coming in a distant third place.

Humans: Linda and Olivia both left the show because their actresses got better jobs, but there was no "in-story" explanation for their leaving the Street. I'd looove to see them return, if at all possible...

Recurring sketches: Monsterpiece Theatre; if the original reference feels dated now, why not turn "American Monster Classics" into a new equivalent?