What Would You Like to See on SST?

muppetmonster

Reaction score
There are no true villians on the Street.

There are not any so far, but Doc Hopper could try to kidnap Kermit the Frog again. However, even though, Kermit is on Sesame Street, that does not stop Doc Hopper from trying to eat him. Who knows, it might make both "Sesame Street" and "the Muppet Show", get a bigger audience again.

I know the muppets from "the Muppet Show" have to be toned down a lot, but many interesting things could happen if they visited Sesame Street. Who knows, the people and muppets from Sesame Street could learn a lot from the muppets from "the Muppet Show." For example, people could learn how to cook (a la the Swedish Chef), learn good jokes (a la Fozzie Bear), learn the importance of avoiding dynamite (a la Crazy Harry), learn politics (a la Sam the Eagle), learn how to work with fish (a la Lew Zealand), learn how to play music (a la the Electric Mayhem Band, Marvin Suggs, etc.), etc. they could learn a lot.

It is possible, and it might be a very good idea, but it definitely needs some work.

Muppetmonster

wwfpooh

Reaction score
learn good jokes (a la Fozzie Bear)
Good jokes? That's a hot one! XD
learn politics (a la Sam the Eagle)
As much as I do like Sam, he's too opinionated and the Street doesn't need people--or Muppets--telling people what to do in terms of politics (and how to basically run the world). The real world does that enough!

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Well, I still stand by my idea. I know Sesame Street may not need politics, but it would not kill the creators of the show to do a cross-over with "the Muppet Show." As I said, many interesting things could happen. I know the muppets from both shows act very different, but the truth is, if it was not for the people on Sesame Street, and that essential need for education, the muppets from "the Muppet Show" would probably not need to be toned down. It can work.

Muppetmonster

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Another thing I've been wanting to see I just saw. Our broadcaster (ABC) Didn't Cut out an Abby Clip from the show. They cut her out all the time; which saddens me because I like her.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
To save time, just like they cut out EW. It only goes for 30 min here; and half of that is street story
Eg word on the street
Street story
Sketch
Letter of the day
letter of the day
sketch/song
number of the day
number of the day
sketch
Sponsors
Thats what season 38 is like here. It pulls kids without EW

muppetmonster

Reaction score
But the show was created with that essential need for education in mind. Without said educational need, it would not be Sesame Street as we've known it.

As Bert told Doc in Muppet Family Christmas (in regards to letters & numbers): "Where we come from--Sesame Street--this is small talk."

O-k, let me put it this way, both "Sesame Street" and "the Muppet Show" appeal to children and adults alike, but teach the audience different things. "Sesame Street" teaches us to use our imagination through education. "The Muppet Show" teaches us to use our determination through education. I admit, things would probably go berserk if the muppets from "the Muppet Show" came to Sesame Street, but even though the adults would complain about various things they do, such as shooting themselves out of cannons, exploiting nudity, blowing up things with dynamite, eating living things, playing music while hitting real life objects, using fish boomerangs to hit others, etc. They, as well as the children, would be intrigued by them, at the same time, and come to learn that the muppets from "TMS" could teach them many things, such as how dynamite is dangerous, how to cook, how to play all sorts of music, how to tell jokes, the importance of fish, how to appreciate cannons, etc. I will also admit the muppets from "TMS" are crazier than their "SS" counterparts, but this could be a good thing in some aspects, and there could be interesting interactions between the "SS" and "MS" characters.

I will be fair. This is probably not be a good idea considering "TMS" is much more sophisticated than "SS" is, having more material oriented for children, but "SS" has had its own adult material that are not even suited for children. Another idea I have is the following.

Kermit the Frog leaves Sesame Street, reading a note that someone has took over the Muppet Theater and threatened his friends, and while being diplomatic to his friends on Sesame Street, he decides not tell him. Thinking it is strange Kermit the Frog leaves without telling his friends, the Sesame Street gang decide to go save him. Various things happen when the "SS" gang interact with their "MS" pals at the Muppet Theater. However, after the "SS" characters do not return, the adults and children plan to save him, not knowing what could happen. Does anyone remember, "Follow that Bird"? After everything is at peace again, the adults and children from SS decide to befriend the gang from "TMS" and allow them to come and check out Sesame Street, so whoever would be sane enough to visit Sesame Street does. The muppets I have mind are Fozzie Bear, Scooter, and muppets like them.

This might make things too complicated, but maybe they can throw a little "Fraggle Rock" into the mix, but I like the idea as it already is. If they did that, I would probably need to show, they should throw in all of the other muppets from all sorts of television shows and movies, but that would probably be overcrowding.

Does anyone have any more thoughts about this idea?

Muppetmonster

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Well, if it is not a good idea that the muppets from "the Muppet Show" come onto Sesame Street, then the muppets from "Sesame Street" should definitely visit the Muppet Theater. There are many interesting things that could happen. It does not need to be a special or anything, but I still like the idea with Kermit the Frog. It could at least involve "Sesame Street" in some way or another without having to make the muppets from "the Muppet Show" come to Sesame Street. Does anyone agree?

Muppetmonster

InvaderZim

Reaction score
40th birthday-a Stret that we live on like special would be nice, but I don't think they're planing to do a TV special this time.