What year did you begin to loose interest in the show.

FatBlueMuppet

Reaction score
I was just wondering, for those of you who stopped watching the show as much, not so much cause you felt like you were too old for it, but because things had changed so much it just wasn't the same street anymore? For me it was sometime between 1990 and 1992. When they started bringing new charachters in and storylines just didn't seem as good anymore, and a lot of the oldies were being shown less, like the older Muppet clips from the 70's and live action films. How bout the rest of you? Around what time did you start to realize the show had changed, and just wasn't the same ol' street anymore.

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
I really never lost interest in Sesame Street to be honest. especially in the 3rd grade i was pretty obsessed with it. which was why i was the main target of bullying back then.

but i had an eye for the puppets back then, and was interested in Jim Henson at an early age.

ErnieandTelly

Reaction score
Probably The Theme and I loss interest when Noggin take off Sesame Street and Now I have to go to YouTube When we get it for aprroxmatley after Christmas

sesameguy

Reaction score
Obviously, by the time I became a teenager, a lot of other things were going on, and my interest began to fade. I never completely lost interest- I just stopped watching the show. By the time Maria and Luis married, I was pretty much out of the loop and just checking in once in a while. I did, however, get to record many classic skits, which were shown throughout the next few years.

Then came the end of the world. "Elmo's World." :smile: I like Elmo, but I didn't like the dumbing down of Sesame Street. It's still a fine show, but it's clearly not the same show I grew up with.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I used to watch the show a lot until about fourth grade (2001-2002 school year) with the format change. It really irked me and I stopped watching the current episodes on PBS. Don't get me wrong, I still stop by the Street every once in a while but with school and the fact that it comes on way too early for me to watch.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Probably around Kindergarden since I didn't get to watch it as much. Though I still enjoyed watching the SS I remembered through the years on VHS or DVD. Not so much the newer stuff.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I stopped making a point to watch it in the early-mid 80s, but continued to tune in until Jim's passing. Once Elmo rose to the top it became an unwatchable Elmo-fest for this frogboy. I still tune in to catch an Ernie and Bert, Oscar or Bird segment. How rare the core of the show has become. I guess that's what they're doing with the current site and clips - trying to appease old fans like me while catering to the ADD Elmo-obsessed children on PBS. :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
1995 :frown:. That was when our tv broke and ma did not get a new one until I was sixteen and even then it did not get tv tv :frown:. But everything from the time I was born (1983) to that was my SS :3. I never really knew the 70's SS at all...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
1995 :frown:. That was when our tv broke and ma did not get a new one until I was sixteen and even then it did not get tv tv :frown:. But everything from the time I was born (1983) to that was my SS :3. I never really knew the 70's SS at all...
Aw that's rough, I'm sorry. Well on the other hand, much of the sketches seen on the '80s SS was actually from the '70s. I didn't realize that until much later. :smile: