Whatever happened to Roosevelt Franklin?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone remember this RF skit? > it was about the mail and RF wants to send a letter to Hardhead Heny Harris and Smart Suzie is a mail box because she ends up holding it in her mouth and Baby Breeze is the mailman and HHH and i can't remember what was said but apparently is wasn't good because he got mad and began chasing RF around the room.

Xerus

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
anyone remember this RF skit? > it was about the mail and RF wants to send a letter to Hardhead Heny Harris and Smart Suzie is a mail box because she ends up holding it in her mouth and Baby Breeze is the mailman and HHH and i can't remember what was said but apparently is wasn't good because he got mad and began chasing RF around the room.
Roosevelt's letter said. "Dear Hardhead Henry Harris. Here is here, there is there. You got a hard head under your hair!"

That line made me laugh so much. :big_grin:

Reaction score
Bring Him Back

They should bring Roosevelt back. Of course, he should have a different hairstyle (short moppy dreds would be nice) and maybe look more African-American than purple..lol....I never got to see any of his skits because I grew up during the Roscoe Orman as Gordon era, but have seen pictures...BTW, isn't it ironic that Peanuts also had an African-American character with a similiar name during the same time.... :stick_out_tongue: :sympathy:

Censored

Reaction score
Rooseveltcountz said:
They should bring Roosevelt back. Of course, he should have a different hairstyle (short moppy dreds would be nice) and maybe look more African-American than purple..lol....

I don't see what was so wrong with Roosevelt Franklin being purple. Other muppets are blue, green, orange, yellow, and red.

Censored

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Roosevelt's letter said. "Dear Hardhead Henry Harris. Here is here, there is there. You got a hard head under your hair!"

That line made me laugh so much. :big_grin:

That was a classic skit.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
his name id just Franklin.

Well, he did say that the Peanuts character's name was just similar to Roosevelt Franklin. Of course, Franklin in Peanuts never got labeled as a negative stereotype because his personality was never really developed. Give a character an ethnicity and a personality, like Roosevelt had, and people take offense.

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Well, he did say that the Peanuts character's name was just similar to Roosevelt Franklin. Of course, Franklin in Peanuts never got labeled as a negative stereotype because his personality was never really developed. Give a character an ethnicity and a personality, like Roosevelt had, and people take offense.
Yep..I wasn't saying that the Peanuts character's name was Roosevelt Franklin...I just made a note of the similarity of their names and the fact that both shows were relative to children growing up during the early 70s. As for Gee Bee's statement- I totally agree...Maybe at the time, the way Roosevelt spoke was seen as offensive, but now his lingo is quite universal..It would be cool to see him make a comeback... :smirk:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
there was a lot more to RF than him being an aferican american muppet. it's been discusssed before.

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
there was a lot more to RF than him being an aferican american muppet. it's been discusssed before.

Good. Let's discuss it some more.