What's everyone think of CRANK YANKERS?????

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
well, seems like everyone here doesn't know about the LEAD PUPPETEER of Crank Yankers!!!....you're all gonna have to guess

sternroolz

Reaction score
Nothing really wrong with low brow humor except when it doesnt work because then its just annoying. Thats the problem with crank yankers. All the bits have been done before and the show is just not funny.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
does ANYONE know the lead puppeteer of Crank Yankers?? well, i'll give you a hint - TWO WORDS: Wet - Paint

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets well, i'll give you a hint - TWO WORDS: Wet - Paint [/B]
Is it Sir Joseph Wetpaint? I thought he had retired.

Sh.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
it's Rick Lyon. worked on Sesame Street AND Crank Yankers......imagine that

Struble

Reaction score
Like we all said. Everyone thinks the puppets look good, and the puppeteering is well done. The show just isn't our type of humour.

Also, Victor Yerrid worked on at least a few episodes of Crank Yankers (and Book of Pooh, and Greg the Bunny) and performed Goggles and Croaker for the Kermit's Swamp Years panel at the San Diego Comic-Con.

Sh.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
I've only ever seen one skit on CY's. I thought the puppets looked OK. I've definately seen better. The sets looked pretty good. They did do a pretty good job of "lip" synching the puppets to the recordings. So I guess on the technical side of things I'd give it a B. As far as the humour goes I found it to be non-existant, which is why I only ever saw the one skit. That and the fact that we don't have cable.
J~