What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. :smile:

As you all know, this Tuesday will be the day when I start posting the Muppets/Indiana Jones crossover. I'm almost finished with the Power Rangers/Iron Man story that I'm writing for the Henshin! Talk forum, so I should have plenty of time between now and then to get started on a great first chapter.

I'm going to try and see if I can "attach" a new "Spaaaaace...The Final Fronter" fan trailer with the story for this Tuesday. It'll probably be more of a music video than a fan trailer, but fun either way.

In other news, our friend Alissa Brown (a.k.a. "Lori Thomas") is...get this...GOING TO HAVE A BABY! Just found out from her sister Larissa today. Good news for the day indeed!

I'll be back soon with more.:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw man... Send newsboybliss our deepest congrats on becoming a new mommy.
:super:

Post when you can man, you know we look forward to it.
:shifty:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey again. :smile:

Still working on getting the next chapter for "Indiana Frog" in. Been so busy with other things, as well as my Hulk/Power Rangers story, which I have successfully posted the first chapter to on Henshin Talk!

I'll get back to working on the "Sesame Seed" story, too (I only have two more parts to finish before I get to writing the big story itself, "Nights of the Knights").

Also, I planned on working on two fan trailers by the end of June, but it looks like I'll only have one, because I can't find enough footage right now from Sesame Street for the "Nights of the Knights" trailer. I'll have one great trailer worked up for "Who Ya Gonna Call?" hopefully by late-June or early-July. :wink:

That's all I have to update on for now.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Have a few new details to share with what I have planned for the revised version of "Who Ya Gonna Call?":

The story will take place in the year 1985 (continuity-wise, this'll put it between the events of Muppets Take Manhattan and Labyrinth).

Gonzo and Rizzo will be the narrators (a la Muppets Christmas Carol) and find themselves as part of the story as they were in Muppets Treasure Island.

The story will have four alternate endings (two for the Disney version and two for the Muppets version).

:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I wanted to save this news for later on this year, but I find myself increasing in anxiety to share it. So here it goes...

Looking at one of the polls The Count and I had posted earlier this year, it was obvious that the most popular story out of "The MARVELOUS Muppets" was the X-Men/Fraggle Rock crossovers. And I loved writing them more than all the other stories.

I've been doing a lot of heavy thinking and deciding, and I came to the decision of bringing back those stories, but in a whole new way.:excited:

For anyone who has read the stories, you remember that Gonzo was the center of attention in all three, right? And the story for the third movie, X-Men: The Last Stand, introduced the Fraggles as mutants, right?

Well, I'm thinking it would be just as cool to see all those stories rewritten to where the Fraggles are the main focus, working alongside the X-Men like they were after the third Muppets/X-Men tale.

This'll be a great way to work in that story that I had planned before the fanfic series' "cancellation", which will be based on the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie next year. I had problems with coming up with a workable plot last time, but this time I think I've got the right approach (and, no, it won't involve time-travel).

And let's not forget my character, Boom Fraggle. There's still much more that needs to be told about this deadly mutant, and the omission of S.H.I.E.L.D. from his background will be the most prominent thing in future short stories that introduce him (including a rewrite of my last "MARVELOUS Mini" story).

I'll have more updates on this. :smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I have another idea for a "Stranger Than..." story next year:

Seeing that the Terminator franchise has been making a huge comeback as of late (with a new show on FOX and movie, starring none other than Christian "Batman" Bale), I thought of writing a crossover between the Muppets and Terminator, with Digit from The Jim Henson Hour being the main character.

This is an idea I had while working on the Iron Man/Muppets story, and I was going to use the storyline for that particular story, but now I think it'd be best to include it into an actual Terminator-centered story.:wink:

Again, I'll have more on this later.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
As everyone knows by now, The Incredible Hulk comes out in theaters this Friday, and I've been more than excited to see Louis Leterrier's version of it. SPOILER ALERT: I've heard a certain shellhead's going to be in it. :wink:

And as everyone also knows, I've been a sucker for writing crossovers based on movies like this, especially if they're comic book-related. Lately, I've been focusing on my Power Rangers/Marvel Comics series, "Marvel Mayhem", with the completion of an Iron Man story last month. And now, I'm targeting a Hulk one.

Just like last time, I created a music video for everyone to check out. And I think you all will get a big kick out of this one:

The Hulk/Power Rangers Music Video

Warning: It gets REAL loud around 1:43 and 2:47, so be careful. Haha.

If you want to check out my version of the upcoming movie, you can read "The Incredible" on Henshin Talk! here.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
An update on the revised Muppets/Ghostbusters story, "Who Ya Gonna Call?":

Gina Ferraro has been replaced for the role of the Zeddemore counterpart by MySpace friend Sarah (a.k.a. "GelflinGirl92" here on Muppet Central), who will be referred to as Sarah "Riley" Zeddemore in the tale.

Also...

As a way of celebrating the release of The Dark Knight on July 18th, I'll start posting a "Commentary Edition" of the first Batman/Sesame Street story, "The Gotham Grouchfest", around later this month. Characters handling commentary will be Oscar the Grouch, Count Von Count, and Bert & Ernie.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Got some more incredible (pun intended) news to share with everyone today.:smile:

Another couple of great characters from one of Ryan's (theprawncracker) awesome stories will be making an appearance in "Nights of the Knights". One in the form of a Gotham Times reporter and the other as one of the hoodlums following The Joker and his mob.

Anyone remember Alex Hooper and Ashley?
:wink:

And also...

I'm highly thinking of bringing "The Marvelous Muppets" back to MC, in a whole different continuity. With "Power Rangers: Marvel Mayhem" happening on another forum, it brings a lot of interesting possibilities for more original and easy-to-follow storylines and not remakes of blockbuster Marvel Comics films.

We'll see how things turn out in the coming months.
:big_grin:

That's all I have for the evening. Hope everyone had a great Father's Day this past Sunday.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I for one have come to love and appreciate your direct crossover/remakes of the various comic book films, as it gives me the opportunity to experience them as I don't rully have the ability to leave my home with the freedom my family has. But hey, if that's the direction you believe will bring you greater satisfaction, then I support you 100% buddy.

Now if I could resolve a couple things myself I could get back to my own creations. Take care MW.