What's the most FUN episode of The Muppet Show?

greg

Reaction score
You are forgetting the hilariously funny Carol Burnette episode where Gonzo takes over to have a dance marathon. It drove Carol absolutely bonkers!

We Got Us

Reaction score
Jonathan Winters is great, so much nutty stuff happens in that one. Also I love Lynda Carter and Nancy Walker. Just WAY to many to pick from...

zoebell

Reaction score
kenny rogers. my favorite episode, i think

zoebell

Reaction score
i have a question about this. if i'm watching the show, would it be better to watch the episodes in the order they originally aired, or just as they're listed? or does it not matter?

We Got Us

Reaction score
i have a question about this. if i'm watching the show, would it be better to watch the episodes in the order they originally aired, or just as they're listed? or does it not matter?
It depends on what you feel like. Due to what was available to rent at the time, I watched season 2 first, then 1 and then 3, and I'm now working on 4 and 5. Season 1 things are a little different so if your a new fan, maybe you should start with a newer one. But like I said, the episodes don't really have a continuity so it doesn't really matter.

greg

Reaction score
I like a lot of the characters from season 1 that disappeared, like George, Wanda, Mildred, & Hilda

Vincent L

Reaction score
For me, the most fun episode is 410, with Kenny Rogers. Scooter sold the mineral rights to Kenny's dressing room (ridiculous) and Kermit keeps "falling down on the job".

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Even when I made the separation between "most fun" and "favourite" in my brain (not as easy as you might think), I came up with the following:

Kaye Ballard: The Electric Mayhem threatens to quit because they find the theme song square, so Floyd writes a new one, which Kermit hates, leading the EM to split and Rowlf to play the closing theme himself ("Heh-heh. Classic.")
Steve Martin: There was just something special about the Muppeteers supplying their own laugh track to the off-kilter audition episode (complete with vintage SM goofiness - and he plays along to the early bits of the closing theme, which makes him the only TMS guest star to do so if I remember correctly)
John Cleese: Part One - Unwillingness to work with the pigs until his agent gets eaten; Part Two - Gonzo: "Pull yourself together!" "I wish I COULD!" Part Three - Closing-number meltdown: "Right! Where's the frog?!"
Spike Milligan: The "international episode" (pun intended) that was already springing a leak and then went completely off the rails with the never-ending "It's A Small World" finale and the guest star throwing pillows at Kermit
Loretta Lynn: Speaking of "off the rails," the railroad station setting was a TMS masterstroke, especially the off-key opening and closing themes (Rowlf: "No wonder this sounds bad! We're playing a timetable!") and "The Rhyming Song"
Liza Minelli: What's not to love about the Queen of Broadway hamming it up at every turn of this Muppet murder mystery?
Phyllis George: The First (and Last?) Annual Muppet Awards, a delightful Emmy/Oscar spoof that also took a couple of shots at Ms. George's former Miss America status (especially the continuous flower presentations during the closing credits)
Carol Burnett: A guest-star meltdown of Cleese-ic proportions and a wonderful skewering of the general TMS format through Gonzo's dance marathon
Paul Simon: I don't think any other musical guest so cheerfully endured a Muppet mangling of his musical catalogue (and just about every time Gonzo opened his mouth in this episode, I roared)
Marty Feldman: The Arabian Nights theme was already full-bore crazy before the Sesame Street gang showed up for the big finish

...and those are just the ones I can think of, off the top of my head...

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well, some of the episodes that I eally think capture the feel of the Muppets are these:

When Kermit fired Miss Piggy

When the Pigs took over the show

The banana sketch (Still do not know what it is...)

The "Hey a movie!" Special

Elton John I tell you!

And... Christopher Reeves.

I can't tell if it's the feel capturing thing, or my favorites!LOL

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The one with Roy Clark. I love how Fozzie is trying to keep Kermit from finding out the theater is on fire. Lol!