What's wrong with kids today?

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
when it comes to 'stuff', new doesnt necessarily mean better.
WOW! That was my point exactly. (Why else would I collect LPs and 8 tracks?) Everything runs at such a violently fast pace for kids nowadays. It's nice to see so many of you coming to your defence! I would hope everyone loves Henson related material, including kids (I'm just a kid that's too old to grow up!) and I'm glad so many people still care about this stuff.

later
eric

Kamit

Reaction score
in the past ive tried to make my neices and nephews watch my old muppet movies. at first they are sickened by the suggestion, but end up begging to watch them over and over again...there may be hope for the younger generation yet.
Same thing happened when I tried to show my co-worker's niece Muppet Babies. It took me three days to coax her into it (instead of watching Road To El Dorado over and over as she had been doing) but once I actually got it into the machine...... Bam! She was glued to the screen.

It's a mind-set. Once you reach a certain age, you HAVE to stop liking that sort of thing,
If I had a nickle for everytime I heard "aren't you a little old to be watching cartoons?" or "aren't you a little old to dress up for Halloween?" I'd be a very rich girl indeed.

That's part of the reason I want a job in special effects - you actually get paid for using your imagination and you're allowed to be a little eccentric :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok its not just whats wrong with our kids, but what the heck is wrong with tv now a days. There is so much nasty stuff on prime- time tv that it almost sickens me.
The morals of America are so much different then they where when TMS was on , now you can't even find it on anywhere ain America. Sothing is bad wrong.
Even if the muppets get a show espesaly if its on FOX they are going to have to lower their standers a whole lot. people to day all ages are looking for the most fowl words and actions on Tv the more the beter.

Here are some things that the Muppets would have to drop in order to stay alive on Tv

1. They would not always have to have a good ending to every show
2. Kermit and Piggie will have to be sleeping in the same bed and might be more Romantic tword each other
3. The EM will have to be all gansters.
4. No more singging unless it would be that stupid music (or so called) Rap
5. Lot and Lot of crusings or fowl Laguage (Sorry Sam)

:attitude:

6. More stuff like Jhery Springer like My pig is sleeping around and so on

What is going to happen to young minds???!!!!
This is really a serious topic the kids of today are going to be the adults of Tomorow and if they are raised up on hate and vilonces and the s word then how are they going to act when they Grow UP!!!!!!! We here a this site are not very many but if we tak a stand for what is right and good we can make things happen. somthing need to be done not only for the Sake of the muppets but For the sake of OUR Nations Kids.
:attitude: Spoken they a carring American

Do have have some people to help with the stand for better cleaner Tv

Marble Didymus

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
ok its not just whats wrong with our kids, but what the heck is wrong with tv now a days. There is so much nasty stuff on prime- time tv that it almost sickens me.
The morals of America are so much different then they where when TMS was on , now you can't even find it on anywhere ain America. Sothing is bad wrong.
Even if the muppets get a show espesaly if its on FOX they are going to have to lower their standers a whole lot. people to day all ages are looking for the most fowl words and actions on Tv the more the beter.

Here are some things that the Muppets would have to drop in order to stay alive on Tv

1. They would not always have to have a good ending to every show
2. Kermit and Piggie will have to be sleeping in the same bed and might be more Romantic tword each other
3. The EM will have to be all gansters.
4. No more singging unless it would be that stupid music (or so called) Rap
5. Lot and Lot of crusings or fowl Laguage (Sorry Sam)

:attitude:

6. More stuff like Jhery Springer like My pig is sleeping around and so on

What is going to happen to young minds???!!!!
This is really a serious topic the kids of today are going to be the adults of Tomorow and if they are raised up on hate and vilonces and the s word then how are they going to act when they Grow UP!!!!!!! We here a this site are not very many but if we tak a stand for what is right and good we can make things happen. somthing need to be done not only for the Sake of the muppets but For the sake of OUR Nations Kids.
:attitude: Spoken they a carring American

Do have have some people to help with the stand for better cleaner Tv
It's so sad that it's true. Just looking at the world today makes me wonder whether or not I really want to bring kids into it. Especially in America.

But what about other countries, like Canada? Or is it just as bad.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yes it is as bad and some are even worst then this one

Drtooth

Reaction score
Marble Didymus said:
It's because they're ungrateful little you know whats. It's probably because it wasn't Dragon Ball Z or some crap anime like that. (not that all anime is a bad thing, but still.................). Parents today also don't tell their kids right from worng, so they think that's ok..

Firstly, DBZ isn't really crap. It's quite good. They just edit the crap out of it for AMerican Audiences (Truthfully. Watch an unedit Japanese episode, and you'll be in for a surprise. Especially when they fight Hitler...It's definately not a kid's show now) But I will admit to your point.

People don't know the secret evil power that kids have. Remember when you were a kid, or listen to kids today, and they complain about not having any Power, pure Bull. The can kill toy lines, ravage the programming scheduals, etc. Believe me I know. How the heck did Beyblade, a n F-grade anime Poke-Digi-Yugi crap ripoff that airs on ABC family one of the lest popular cable networks of all time, get popular and hog shelf space at toy stores?

I hate kids. They need action/adventure and potty jokes. Action adventure because they sit on their butts watching TV getting fatter and want some action.... Makes a lot of sense, right? :smirk: potty jokes, because when your in third grade, poopy, peepee, farts are funny.... older kids want to see sex. 5- 9th graders especially. I mean, of course they don't watch Muppets because they don't:
  1. Do stupid Jacka** related stunts
  2. Have sex every five minutes, or mention it for that matter (Excluding Jimmy Kimmil, etc.)
  3. Go on repetitive moronic action missions having them do kung fu
  4. Have an annoying collectible card game

And other things... can't remember them off the top of my head.

But seriously. Kids and pointless cartoony Kung Fu violence will never die, since that *&^% Eisner and Disney bought the *&^% Power Rangers, letting them decompose longer on TV!

Kamit

Reaction score
I hate the Power Rangers - give me TMNT any day

Or good, non-toy/card related anime, like Inuyasha.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or Lupin III...

God I love that manga! Great stuff!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
so no one wants to take a stand whats wong with us it the only way the muppets will live on Tv if we dont take a stand and get better standers for Tv . :attitude: