What's your claim to fame?

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'd say my singing voice . I'll admit I'm no pro singer ,but when I was asked to sing Christmas songs at a meeting I went to last month,they sure made me feel like my singing voice was beautiful :smile:
(I got the talent from my dad & my grandfather ...may they both RIP:halo: :halo: )

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Claim to fame? Well, now, that depends who I'm around...

Among the staff in youth group, I shall forever be "Little Liz" or "Liz's little sister." (grrrrrr.... I AM NOT MY SISTER! <deep breath> Okay I'm better now...) However among my friends in youth group, I am one of what you might call the three squeakateers- there are three girls, me being one of them, who squeak an eardrum-piercing squeak when poked or tickled, and when we think we're going to be poked or tickled, and in my case, when I'm really excited. I am also known as "Muppet/ Henson Freak." Gee, I wonder why...

In english class, I'm the girl who gives really good speaches and always goes first, thus setting a high standard and making them look bad. At least that's what they tell me. I don't think they like that about me, but I keep telling them, if they don't want me to go first, they can just volunteer before me... Anyway, my most remembered speach was probably the one I gave on Jim Henson, thanks entirely to Sadie, the puppet I made to demonstrate the Muppet style, and then used to give my conclusion at the end to show how the Muppeteer is "forgotten" when the Muppet starts talking. It was a really cool transition, too, I started talking in my normal voice, and then I had Sadie sort of lip-synching with me, and then I transitioned into her voice, and then I sank below the lecturn so they couldn't see me. That was probably the only time I ever enjoyed an English presentation.

In my synagogue, I think I'll always be, to some at least, the hug committee. When I was younger, I was determined to give EVERYONE a hug after services. I'll never live that down. The third graders who I assistant-taught last year (when they were second graders) will probably know me for Mr. Wiggle and Mr. Waggle- it's a silly little story that you tell with your thumbs. This year's sunday school teachers know me for "Sheket b'vakasha!" which is Hebrew for "Be quiet, please," although it sounds like I'm swearing. I shout "Sheket b'vakasha!" and the kids say "Hey!" and I say "Sheket b'vaka-hey!" and they say "Sha!" And then, in theory, they're quiet. It works pretty well. And everyone else knows me either as "Roberta's daughter" (I'm forever identified as my family's family... <sigh>) or as "That girl with the pretty voice who sang Kol Nidre" (A very important prayer, the highlight of a very important service of the same name, which is for a very important holiday known as "Yom Kippur.")

And around here, I believe I'm probably known for two things: One, Fanfiction. Two, "But why make sense when it's much more profitable to make dollars?"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
My claim to fame was meeting Muley. (Did you know he was a puppet?!?)

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. Don't tell him!

SSssssshhhhhhhhh...He likes puppets and still doesn't understand why.

wes

Reaction score
Brushes with fame: I was at a Hawks Game and Meet Emmanuel Lewis From Webster, He was also in The Surreal Life,but when i meet him he wasn't rvery nice. My Favorite is when I meet Terry Angus at the Tornoto Auditions He was Great, I also got to meet Kevin Clash we got to talk for a minute.

I have also Been in a pilot for the Trinity Brodcasting Network, And I got a Email from Phil Vischer the Creator of Veggi Tale's.

I would really like to meet Caroll Spinney:grouchy: that would be my dream

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Well........I will forever be known as Sugarbritchez........at least on the net and such. In real life...I am the leather girl at the flea market (we have worked there for the past 18 years) and the founder of our local gastric bypass support group here. My cousin is Daryl Worley (a country music singer). And I too, have had the honor of meeting Muley and Audry 2...oh and we met Kevin also! *teeheehee*

There is probably more but I can't think right now.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I was in the first performance of Les Miserables in my region for about 10 years playing Thenardier *smug grin* Oh yeah, who's the king?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
sugarbritchez said:
And I too, have had the honor of meeting Muley and Audry 2...oh and we met Kevin also! *teeheehee*
Claims to fame, sister; not "claims to insanity." :crazy: