What's your favorite baseball team?

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
hey mcfraggle...are you from ohio?im from columbus ohio.id have to go with the clippers,i went to 2 of there games.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Actually I'm from Northern Kentucky, located just across the river from Cincinnati. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Like Vic Romano and bobhopesite, I also am a Yankee fan! Whenever someone says, "Boo! Yankees!" I like to tease and say, "Come on wouldn't it be nice to see the Yankees finally win a World Series? They deserve some glory, too." I grew up in Maryland just 10 miles from D.C. so all my favorite sports teams are Washington ones. But there was no baseball team in D.C. ( I think the Senators moved when I was only 2 or 3). There was the Baltimore Orioles but I didn't really get into baseball until we moved to New York. This was the Reggie Jackson era and I fast bacame enamored with this team.
But it's nice to see that the new D.C. team (the former Montreal Expos) are doing SO WELL! I'd love to see a Yankees/Nationals World Series. Course the Yanks are having trouble this year. In the American League it could be a battle of the Sox for the pennant. How bout those Chicago Whitesox, huh? 53-24! They are for real, as are those darn Bosox who came back to beat my Yankees last year. Last weekend Boston came to town here and made mincemeat of the Phillies! What was funny is that there seemed to be just as many Redsox fans in the stadium as there were Phillies. That's how it is too when the Mets are in town.
Oh and one more thing: Watch out for those surging Oakland A's and Houston Astros! Both started out slumping but are on fire now. Interesting how every year the A's seem to go on a tear the second half of the season and then choke in the playoffs.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Detroit Tigers
Ouch! You're a long-suffering fan. :smile: But even more so if you like the Detroit Lions!
Were you old enough to remember the Tiger's last World Series in 1984, Kimp? Heck of a year they had then. Started out 35-5 and never looked back.
And I see your team did pound my Yanks last night.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Chicago Cubs, and dang proud of it!

-Kim
My deepest sympathies to you Skeeter Muppet. :rolleyes: :big_grin:

I'm a life-long Brewers fan.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Chicago Cubs, and dang proud of it!

-Kim
Oooh the ULTIMATE in long-suffering right there. But I'm sure the RedSox winning their first Series since 1918 last year has comforted the many Cub fans wanting them to end their 1908 drought!

MuppetsRule said:
I'm a life-long Brewers fan.
And still another in the L-S category! Never yet won a World Series. Heck of an effort in 1982 though. Harvey's Wallbangers! MuppetsRule, did it upset you when they switched the BrewCrew to the National League? And what a player Paul Molitor was!