When certain characters left the show...

AAO

Reaction score
Maria has always been my favorite cast member and for some reason when I was little I was even a little attracted to her. Maybe as Oscar kinda was...oh c'mon, you could tell he had a crush on her ... LOL...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's actually quite an interesting idea. But then again, in most television shows these days, whenever a character is going to be written out or killed off and replaced with another, they decide the best explaination is no explaination.

(BTW - Didn't they say something like David moved in with his grandmother, or something?)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
AAO said:
Maria has always been my favorite cast member and for some reason when I was little I was even a little attracted to her. Maybe as Oscar kinda was...oh c'mon, you could tell he had a crush on her ... LOL...
what does this have to do with the thread?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
That's actually quite an interesting idea. But then again, in most television shows these days, whenever a character is going to be written out or killed off and replaced with another, they decide the best explanation is no explanation.

(BTW - Didn't they say something like David moved in with his grandmother, or something?)
They did. I remember the episode where Gina was reading a letter to Elmo that she had received from David which stated that he had moved to the the farm to help his grandmother out and that he was leaving the store to Gina.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I would like for somebody on the show to come up with an explanation for what happened to 456 SS and the people that work and live there, an entire block of the street just disappears out of the middle of nowhere, but I guess that makes sense, seeing as it appeared out of nowhere.

On the hurricane episode, Big Bird even remembers back to when that part of the street existed, even though it wasn't there at the time. He even mentions Ruthie, even though she wasn't on the show at that time either.

This is something I like to prefer to as the Sesame Matrix or the Sesa Matrix if you will. Any time someone or something disappears form the show without any explanation, It as fallen or disappeared into the Sesa matrix

Another theory is that the Amazing Mumford is making people magically disappear one by one, of that they all fell into Oscar's trash can to the point of no return, or better yet, it's all just a part of Elmo's plan where he is holding captives hostage in ordered to have the show occupied for a solid hour devoted to only to himself, and he's not telling a sole about it. To be continued?:stick_out_tongue:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Thats a different horse entirely though. Marshal Grover rides Fred the Wonder Horse.
Maybe he needed an extra in case Fred ever got sick. Lol.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Update

Back when I first posted this, I had no idea that Lillian would be making a comeback guest appearance in the upcoming season. It's gonna be really cool to see her again. I wonder if theyr'e going to have her say the reason why she moved away from Sesame Street in the first place? I know she was there from 1990-1993 and was pretty popular during that era. I always liked Lillian because she reminds me of the final years of Sesame Street's Golden Years. After 1993 it was all down hill. I can't wait to see her back.