When did Link get a new outfit?

radionate

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
How could that be? They'd have to be held up by someone, plus they all look like posers and not puppets. The puppets look better.
Well for starters, there aren't posers from Sam and Friends.

Secondly, it's very possible to use the actual puppets in still photography for "poser" purposes. Have you not ever seen pictures of the actual puppets, and not posers, in museums? It's done all the time. They have ways to support the puppets.

From looking at the pic, I'm betting the only posers in the shot are Kermit, Chef, Ernie, and maybe Rowlf and Dr. Teeth.

Guy Smiley, Cantus, Convincing John, The frackle, the Skesis, Guy Smiley, and Bugsy certainly look like the actual puppets to me, and I doubt very much a poser was built, or existed for these characters.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
How could that be? They'd have to be held up by someone, plus they all look like posers and not puppets. The puppets look better.
These are my actual puppets posed for a group shot CLICK HERE!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Good eye Nate! I've also been looking for a good picture of convincing John. Gotta look this picture up in my archives. It's weird I never noticed before. :excited:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
These are my actual puppets posed for a group shot CLICK HERE!
Thats not a good example. Those puppets are just flopped there. The muppet picture has the arms posed and the mouths supported.

I think it's possible that Sam and Friends poseres were made for this picture. Would the original Sam and Friends puppets be taken out of storage afteralmost 40 years just for this picture? It would probably be beter to make posers. And I'm sure Convincing John and Cantus had posers during the Fraggle Rock era. The other Fraggles did. I also doubt they were allowed to take the original Kermit puppet and pose it like that. It's probably a replica.

These could all very well be posers and that might explain why Link's outfit was updated when his poser was made.

radionate

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Thats not a good example. Those puppets are just flopped there. The muppet picture has the arms posed and the mouths supported.
Well there are arm supports and mouth supports made for the actual puppets.

WIGGY said:
I think it's possible that Sam and Friends poseres were made for this picture. Would the original Sam and Friends puppets be taken out of storage afteralmost 40 years just for this picture?
Yeah they would be taken out of storage. They were also used for the Muppets Anniversary Celebration special in the 80's.

And I'm sure Convincing John and Cantus had posers during the Fraggle Rock era. The other Fraggles did.
Its cost prohibitive to make posers of third string characters that only showed up in a handful of episodes. There were posers of the main gang of fraggles, as they were used for promotional photos.

I also doubt they were allowed to take the original Kermit puppet and pose it like that. It's probably a replica.
They've done it before

May I repeat once again, that the actual puppets, not posers, are displayed all the time for various events. Which would include a photo shot like this. There are hundreds of publicity shots of Jim with boo coos of Muppets surrounding him in various poses. I can assure you those weren't all posers either.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Great pic. I wonder if it was actually taken right after Jim's death or done for another project? It would have to be rushed if it were created right after Jim died, but would make more sense.

Erine81981

Reaction score
That pic w/ Kermit makes me just want to cry. I loved that pic.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
One thing I hadn't noticed before: this is NOT the same pic as the one used in the front of The Works, in the dedication just before the table of contents. I've seen both photos before, and because they're all Jim characters (many of the same ones are used), and because they're all holding photos of Jim, I linked them together in my mind as being the same photo.

But this time, the hideous Skeksis with the misplaced eyeball tipped me off. I wondered why I had never seen him before in the photo. I looked at The Works, and not only are the characters positioned differently, but there are less characters (no Convincing John or original Kermit, for instance), while still having a few additions (Sam's in this one, as well as a different Skeksis). Take a look at your copy of The Works again and compare.

Weird, isn't it? I can see if they did more than one picture at the same shoot, but why they'd add or remove characters puzzles me.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok Look I've never seent the one w/ or w/out any characters u mention. I have the same pic that some one was put up. Can u show me the pic from the magazine?