When does the Disney deal take effect?

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Did they actually say the physical "Muppets" would be moved to the Burbank lot or did they just mean it in a business sense?
I passed by Disney's lot in Burbank the other month...so sad they will be moving.

So I guess weve had some time to accept that JHC souled out.

So yeah, when does this all take effect? And why the heck couldnt Disney but all of JHC and have it a subsiiary like bueana vista or touchstone?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
>>Did they actually say the physical "Muppets" would be moved to the Burbank lot or did they just mean it in a business sense?<<

I meant that figuratively. I don't even understand how the Disney/Muppet Workshop thing will work.

>>And why the heck couldnt Disney but all of JHC and have it a subsiiary like bueana vista or touchstone?<<

I would love to know how those negotiations went for those six months.

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
I meant that figuratively. I don't even understand how the Disney/Muppet Workshop thing will work.
I don't fully either. I am expecting Disney to hire the Muppeteers out through JHC, and for JHC to be paid "rent" to keep and maintain the puppets at Chaplin. I guess anything is possible with Disney though as the name change has shown.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I asked about the transition in an email:
Hi,

After the Disney deal has gone through regarding the Muppets, to whom do we write to get autographed photos of the Muppets Characters and their performers? Will we still write JHC for a while, and if so, when does the transfer to Disney go into effect to start writing to them? Any idea what address we'll be writing to?

Also, as far as archives go, will the JHC hold on to all the old Muppets stuff, or will that transfer to Disney as well?

Thanks
Kev
Fozzie Bear at MuppetCentral.com

response:
Dear Kev,

We thank you for your questions. Unfortunately, we don't yet have the answers. We suggest that you check back with us in a couple of weeks

Again, thanks for writing and regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

So, it's all still in the air for now.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
OK, so I take it that the deal hasn't taken affect yet. But they said 30-60 days, so it's gotta be this month.

And last night's SS 35 special said "Kermit the Frog, Copyright The Jim Henson Company." Might be the last time you'll see that.

Luke

Reaction score
I think it may have gone into effect, just it isnt so formal that there is a finite deadline for them to work out whats happening seeing as the two companies will be working together a lot anyway. The HIT press release said the characters were now the property of Disney, although i guess that could have been a forward statement.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the future regarding the muppets.

BTW, here's an interesting thought: What about the gobs and gobs of stuff sold at MGM Studios and DCA? Would all that merchandise need to be changed to say "Disney"? Or do ya think the plush, beanies, etc churned out from now on will have Disney's name on it, while the old stuff is left alone?