When Muppets, Star Wars, and Disney clashed...

beaker

Reaction score
Just got done seeing that Hamil episode for the first time in years(thanks Phil!) and I gotta say...by the closing number, how surreal is it to have a moment of Muppets, StarWars, and Disney all in one package?(Muppets and Star Wars alike with the disneyland castle in the background on Planet Koozebane singing When You Wish Upon A star...that couldnt happen these days!) Thinking back to GoboTron's brillaint spoof(where it was Muppets, Disney, and Star Wars) this really is too much.

Some years later we saw another brief glimpse of this strange aliance...when Piggy and Beauregard are in front of Star Tours and a giant AT-AT walker replica in the Muppets At Walt Disney World special. And again we see Beau and Piggy on the Star Tours ride.(Beauregards last starring moment of course)

Strange how the paths of Henson, Lucas, and Disney seem to meet in the complexities of the continuum of things.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't forget Yoda's cameo in AVMMCM.

Yeah, the Mark Hamil one is one of my favorites (basically the first two on the tape, The Raquel Welch one makes me blush)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I have to agree. That was the first episode I saw since I got the Timelife collection and it's definately one of the best. Don't forget the other moments such as Scooters "Six String Orchestra," the fish singing "Swam all Over the Dam," Gonzo as Derth Nader and of course the famous Angus McGonagle the Garglying Argyle Gargoyle.

By the way, when did Yoda appear in the Christmas movie again? I'm not too familiar with Star Wars, so I think I missed that part.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Where Daneil Threw snow on Kermit, and they zapped to a universe where he was never born. of course, this being a muppet movie, they zap to the wrong universe, and are greeted by Yoda (Eric) saying "Not ready, Is He." etc.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
and of course the famous Angus McGonagle the Garglying Argyle Gargoyle.

By the way, when did Yoda appear in the Christmas movie again? I'm not too familiar with Star Wars, so I think I missed that part.
May that Gershwin gargling Gargoyle never see the light of day as an action figure:wink:

As for the 'yoda' cameo in VMC, dont forget JHC has had a long history of poking fun at what was the only 'muppeteered' Star Wars character ever. Remeber on the TMS Time Life dvd, the 'Star Wars screen test' where Bobo, Animal, Pepe, etc all try to do Yoda impersonations? Too much!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Wait! You mean there are extras like that on the DVD's that aren't on the VHS? Now I must buy the DVD's as well!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Where Daneil Threw snow on Kermit, and they zapped to a universe where he was never born. of course, this being a muppet movie, they zap to the wrong universe, and are greeted by Yoda (Eric) saying "Not ready, Is He." etc.
Thanks. I'll watch for that next time I see the movie.

Beaker, what's wrong with Angus McGonaggle? I think it would be cool if they made an action figure of him.

Kye

Reaction score
I might be mistaken , but can't a sebastian puppet , (from voyage of the little mermaid) be seen hanging out a window in Muppet xmas carol?