When you need to rant...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I have been taking melatonin to try and fix my sleep schedule after college pretty much ruined it for me.

All I can say is 3mg pills SUCK. They don't make me feel tired at all.

I'm gonna try and take 5 but I swear this better be the right option. I tried taking 10 and all it did was just put weird thoughts in my head.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So here's something I have to rant about:

I'm getting sick of all these scam calls I keep getting on my cellphone from numbers that start with the same three numbers as mine. Why? Well, not only is it annoying, and clearly some kind of scam that they all start with the same three numbers as my cell number does, but they always call at the same time early in the morning waking me up, and I'm not a morning person. If I could, I'd block all incoming calls that start with the same three numbers, but my mom's cell number also starts with those same three numbers as well, so I'm screwed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've done something similar before, where I answer, then put the phone next to the TV speaker (one time while Kramer was going off on Jerry about something) - I could actually hear someone on the other end saying, "Hello? Hello?" One time, I answered and said, "No matter who you're calling, you still got the wrong number, because I don't even have a phone."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You could also always say, in Steve D'monster's voice, "Believe it or not, Joseph isn't at home, please leave a message at the beep"

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My parents love to mention D’Snowth’s ringtone which actually says “Believe it or not, George isn’t at home”.

They mentioned it recently as a matter of fact.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If they're telemarketers, just do what I do.

Pick up and scream something obnoxious and hang up.
I haven't been hassled by telemarketers since I ditched my landline. But it used to be fun, and a challenge some time, to get them so uncomfortable THEY hang up on YOU!
Sometimes I'd listen to their sales pitch, whatever crap they were trying to sell, and interrupt them,
"Do you own this product?
"What?"
"Do you own this product?"
"Well, no, I..."
"Then how can you have any credibility, or how can this product be any good if YOU don't own it?"
"Well, I..."
"You're not a very good representative, are you?"
"Well, I..."
"Are you proud of what you're doing? Is this your dream job? Misleading people into buying something YOU wouldn't own yourself?"
"Well, I..."
"Tell you what, Skippy, YOU buy the product, try it for thirty days, and if you decide to keep it, THEN call me back and tell me how great it is, okeedoke?"
"Well, I..."
"Just in case you don't have my number, let me write it down for you. (scribble scribble) CAN YOU SEE THIS??!!"
"Well, no, I..."
"Whaddayamean you can't see it? It's plain as day! Maybe you need glasses!"
"CLICK!!!!"

Was it something I said? 8)
Telemarketer calls. 1 down, 880 more to go...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Actually in the last ten years, the number of telemarketers that called my cellphone, I can count on one hand and have fingers to spare.

Pop ups in my email box, that's another story.

But in the telemarketing days, I think of some poor schmoe making minimum wage, reading from a script, knowing the percentage of rejections is appallingly high. And I want to put him out of his misery.

Sometimes they're just blindly following their script they don't listen to what you say.

Once I gave some telemarketer my name (I think she was trying to sell chain-link fencing, of all things) and I told her to write it down. I'll spell out my name for you:M-I-C-KE-Y-M-O-U-S-E, she copied it down and didn't bat an eye. I gave some phoney credit card number, and for a mailing address, the Munster's house at 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

She read back everything by rote:
Mickey Mouse
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Springfield NJ 07832

She had no idea she was being strung along.
I hope the nonexistent Mickey at the nonexistent address enjoyed their chain link fence.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That actually reminds me . . . true story: years ago, Herman Munster was a victim of identity theft. That's right - a fictional character who doesn't exist in reality had his identity stolen.