Where can I find Classic Sesame Street?

muppet baby

Reaction score
I never got a chance to watch sesame street again until 03 could someone let me know if there are some DVDs or re runs somewhere for the earlier episodes of sesame street , i would love to see the 70s eposodes .
The ones that i really remeber are the are the 80s and 90s . i quit watching sesame street in the late 90s due to time and school loooooooo just not enough hours in the week .

That would be great to see all of those some how !
i would really love to see the 80s ones again though i remember them but my mind is getting fuzzy and i would just love to have those back . S to the mid S was when i had to quite watching them but i am glad that i am glad to be watching them again even at 26 it is fun a great guilty pleasure , so much better than what is out there .

Hey they are the Muppet's after all our wonderful Muppet's

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well 5 of the 70's episodes are on the "Old School" dvd.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Well 5 of the 70's episodes are on the "Old School" dvd.
oh wow that is so cool thank you have you seen that box set and are they complete eposides .

i thought i had heard somehthing about that box set being out thank you for leting me know .
do you own the box set ?:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And if you're looking to buy, I have an extra set I could sell. Hope this helps.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Here's a review of Old School Volume 1. The episodes are complete. A few minor edits are present, but any scenes cut are replaced with more classic material so it's all good for the fan.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/dvd/sesame_old_school_1.shtml
Thank you Phillip thank you so much for posting this review , this really helps, i so ecited to get this at some point thank you so much .
Are they going to make more sets that would be so cool , i wonder at some point if they will make complte season sets but that would cost a lot of money . :zany: Over the years but it would be worth it .:stick_out_tongue:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Old School Volume 2 is tentatively slated to be released in October. We'll have more news here when it's announced.

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Hi there.

I was very excited to see this thread and see there actually exists an old school Sesame Street DVD... I've been wishing and complaining for one for years here down under! Everytime my son would sit and watch Sesame... I would always say to his Daddy... I wish he could watch the Sesame from our childhood cause then we'd all enjoy watching it together so much more and we could join in on so much of the songs and stuff we remember.

The best things I"ve come across in a few DVD's have been the fantastic pinball 1 to 12 song... (an all time favourite Sesame segment of mine... I'm singing the song in my head right now... have I made whoever's reading this do the same thing... 12345..678910....11...12...Doodoodoodoodoodoo) :sing: :big_grin:

and then the segment where Elmo takes Grover back in time in his Taxi time machine where you see Maria & Louis in hospital after having their daughter, Gordon & Susan adopting their son... plus the wedding and more... I found that alot of fun and was so excited to see it... but I still wanted more!

The Old School DVD has never been released here in Aussie Land so I'll have to order it through Amazon but I'm a little unsure now after reading all the reviews... do you think it's worth it?

And I can't find anymore Volumes... did they stop at 1?

Thanks a bunch.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Volume 1 was released last year. Volume 2 will be released this year.

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know... I will hunt them down to order... From what I can tell... they're only available in Region 1 - USA... Would love it if they had a Region 4 version but luckily I have a multi region player and can also burn as Region 4 so at least all hope is not lost.

I started thinking about getting Dinosaurs too because I've been looking at their collectables and wot not.... Made me remember how much my family loved that show.. I'd almost forgotton it was a Henson show cause it was so long ago that it aired and the style was so different and so bloody fantastic! We just thought it was great... My Mum to this day still uses her the baby quote (tweeked for her own amusement and use)... "I'm the Mumma... gotta love me!". (it's actually become a regular catchcry of hers!)

Anyway... thinking about it made me want to watch it again... so I'm gonna purchase that set too! (gonna be an expensive week!) :big_grin:

I'm so loving how this website has brought up so many wonderful memories!